There are about six thousand things that I’m sitting on posting about.
Okay, maybe just ten:
1) The fate of Kermit, and why the It’s Not Easy Being Green Dancers will never end up on America’s Got Talent.
2) What America’s Got Talent, and the presence of David Hasselhoff thereon, reveals about America’s Capacity for Irony. And the decline of Western Civilization.
3) My further thoughts (which, I know, you all BURN to hear) on Caitlin Flanagan, provoked by this.
4) My confusion around when the right time might be to beg the storks to bring a little sister or brother for WonderBaby to tyrannize, thereby redirecting her tyrannical energies away from me. (For the record, I’m pretty much feeling exactly what Amy is.)
5) My confusion around whether or not to begin weaning WonderBaby.
6) Why I have to break up with my playgroup/mom’s group.
7) The painful and confusing experience this week of being broken up with by a old friend for not rising above the pressures of new motherhood to be more social when I am clearly capable of being social because I BLOG. (Which would be the most hurtful and confusing thing in my week so far, were it not for a) the head-piercing ear-ache that I am currently suffering, b) terrible family crap, and c) what I’ve written about below.)
8) Relatedly, why it is really, really hard, as a new mother, to not only ‘be social’ beyond the playground, but to be ANYTHING BUT A MOTHER, and why that can really interfere with what other people consider to be normal everyday life as an adult with adult relationships.
9) More details on the effort that I am making to be social with real-life moms – because contact with other moms is vital to survival – who also happen to be bloggers (TO Mama-Bloggers-Get-Together Inaugural Event!) and a notice that there is a Dad – yes, a DAD – in the Basement, venting.
10) My second run-in with Zanta.
I have spewed out this list of posts because they are pounding on my brain and hurting my head. They’ll all get posted. But not today. Today, I am sick. And overwhelmed by some family issues. And run to the ground by WonderBaby-Gone-Turbo. So. That’s all going to have to wait.