In Paradisum

March 6, 2007

I could not blog light-heartedly this evening.

You may not know Rob, or his blog, How About Two. Or maybe you do know him, and have followed the stories of his wife’s pregnancy with twins, and his efforts to prepare himself for fatherhood. But whether you already know him, or don’t yet know him, you should know this: he’s one of us, a parent who is embracing parenthood with his words. And he, and his wife, his family, have just suffered a devastating loss.

Please, go and visit. Send whatever love that you can. Offer warmth and hugs and good, strong wishes for the well-being of their hearts. Help them say goodbye to the angel that has flown, and say hello (joy-filled hellos! for she is an occasion for much joy!) for the living angel that remains in their arms.

And tell Rob thank you for sharing his child’s life and death. For sharing his story, and his grief. Say thank you, because his words remind you to be so, so grateful for the children that you carry in your arms. And because the fullness of love that surrounds Rob’s son’s life and death – so beautifully shared with all of us – remind you that true love lives always, eternally, in the heart.

Much love to you, Barron family. Much love, and thanks.

Doss Donovan Barron, in paradisum deducant te Angeli.

Kyla March 6, 2007 at 9:29 pm

Oh God. I cannot imagine. They are in our thoughts.

flutter March 6, 2007 at 9:50 pm

oof, my heart. That beautiful little boy.

Mimi March 6, 2007 at 9:53 pm

I can’t imagine how horrible it must be for them! They are certainly in my prayers!

Lady M March 7, 2007 at 1:52 am

Thank you for sending that link. I want to be home hugging my baby right now!

cry it out! March 7, 2007 at 2:19 am

I found you through Rob’s site, and what a thrill that was in such a sad time — to see so many people speeding their best wishes his way and many coming from the same place … here. If there’s any good to come of this, I hope it’s one more stranger who has the chance to look into the lives of others and find something special. Sometimes I really love the blogosphere.

Anonymous March 7, 2007 at 2:51 am

oh HBM how sad i’ve just come from over there.that poor family having to experience joy and sorrow at the same time like that.LAVENDULA

Beck March 7, 2007 at 7:41 am

That is just the saddest, saddest thing.

Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" March 7, 2007 at 8:11 am

I can’t even go there…Please send my love and my heart…

Jenny March 7, 2007 at 9:00 am

So terrible. They have my thoughts and prayers.

Kris March 7, 2007 at 9:01 am

Thank you for letting us know. No words can take the pain away, but maybe someday it will help just an iota knowing the love that is being sent their way.

eastcoastelle March 7, 2007 at 9:15 am

After days of sleep-frustrations, thank you for reminding us what is all important. I’ve just gone and picked up/woken my sleeping preemie, born at 3 lbs 12 oz who spent her own time in the NICU for a cuddle. I’m so very lucky to have her when others are grieving, something that in the depths of frustrations can be easy to forget.

Little Doss will not be forgotten. His father’s beautiful testament to his life, and others such as yours will ensure that.

kgirl March 7, 2007 at 9:35 am

this is my heart, breaking for them.

MOM-NOS March 7, 2007 at 10:32 am

HBM, thank you for this post. I lost one of my twins as well, so I felt an immediate connection to the Barrons. I’m grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to reach out to them in a small way, as a voice from seven-and-a-half years out saying “he will always be with you, but the pain won’t always feel the way it does right now.” I don’t know if it was helpful for them to hear it, but I do know that it was helpful to me to say it. So thanks.

Kelly March 7, 2007 at 10:40 am

I simply cannot imagine that feeling, that loss. I hope they feel the comfort of their friends and their family, both near and far, and the comfort of their son’s spirit, and that, of course, of their beautiful daughter, her soft skin and bright eyes.

wordgirl March 7, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Losing a child…there are just no words to suffice, to comfort, to describe.

Jenifer G. March 7, 2007 at 12:56 pm

I cannot imagine this pain. My prayers are with them…I was just over there telling them the same thing.

Redneck Mommy March 7, 2007 at 1:10 pm

I stopped by and wished them well yesterday.

It was the reason I had such a tough morning. It brings back the pain, so fresh and vivid. It almost overwhelms me.

The only upside I can think of, is now my Bug has a new friend to play with. They won’t be so alone…

Thank you C, for reaching out and trying to help Doss’s family. From a parent who has experienced that tragedy, it really DOES help to know we aren’t alone in this savage world.

Lizzy March 7, 2007 at 4:23 pm

Oh, my heart.

AdventureDad March 7, 2007 at 4:46 pm

Thanks for the (sad) link. Thank God I wasn’t reading this at work. It just kills me and I don’t even know them.

Take care

AD

Pecos Blue March 7, 2007 at 5:02 pm

cannot imagine either sending warm thoughts already

gingajoy March 7, 2007 at 5:33 pm

unimaginable… (thanks for sharing this)

Lawyer Mama March 7, 2007 at 10:58 pm

Horrible. I can’t even imagine what they’re going through.

Domestic Slackstress March 8, 2007 at 6:50 am

I feel very fortunate, even in hard times. Thank you for helping me get my footing in a way. I even feel guilty saying that. I don’t want to let someone else’s tragedy cause a glimmer in my eye, knowing that my three healthy children are going to be okay … but how can you not appreciate what you have when you consider what could be lost?

Jenni March 8, 2007 at 10:14 am

My prayers are with them. I am going to go hug my kids now.

modmom March 8, 2007 at 12:38 pm

hi mommy friends!
    i’m having contests on my blog this month :)
    please stop by my blog + enter to win these prizes:
    * 2007 boon flair highchair deadline 3/15
    * fatboy 21st century bean bag deadline 3/21
    * ipod shuffle deadline 3/31

mod*mom

Denguy March 8, 2007 at 3:31 pm

Thanks for pointing me there. I went and read and cried, but I have no words for such an event.
    No words.

jennster March 8, 2007 at 6:50 pm

heart.breaking.

Bloor West Mama March 8, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Oh my, I am in tears now…my thoughts and prayers are with them and their little boy.