Katannuta*

December 13, 2006

From my sister, Tanner’s mom, after seeing the auction site:

Sis,

I am blown away… it brings me to my knees in gratitude that this kind of kindness exists – for Tanner’s sake. He is one hell of a little kid.

He’s a strong-willed little kid, full of spunk and piss and vinegar. I admire him more than anyone in the world and he has only just turned 7. He sees life through eyes filled with wonder and joy. He is still mostly oblivious to what others see or think of him and I strive each day to teach him and show him how important it is to love ourselves. God made us who we are and He does have reasons – even though we may not see them now… I know that Tanner will be stronger than me, and I know that he has something to teach this world – something about love and kindness and strength and faith. I am learning every day.

I cherish this little boy and every moment he is on this earth and I know you do too. Try not to be sad, but to watch him in wonder and learn from him too. We take a lot of things for granted in this day and age; to see and feel what Tanner and other children or people like him have to face is quite humbling, but that is good, the world needs it.

WE can forget how to love and cherish. All you have to do is look at Tanner or other children who are sick and open your heart, and not forget.

I would love for you to send a big heartfelt THANK YOU to your blogging buddies.
Love,

C

Consider it done, little sister. Consider it done.

On behalf of this amazing little boy, and his family – MY family – I thank you. From the very bottom of my bursting heart.

*********
Her Bad Auction

Please, go, visit, shop, write letters, spread the love.

(And, any of you who have posted the button or written posts about the auction, please leave me a note in the comments. I’d like to thank you all properly, by visiting and by linking you up in a thank-you post this weekend. Those of you amazing, amazing people who donated items, you’re on my list already!)

*********

*Katannuta (Mangala Sutta Vanana #25): To be grateful is most blissful.

Mamacita December 15, 2006 at 12:44 pm

Hi Sweetie,

I’ve posted an entry with a link to your event. Great idea! Also, thank you for looking in on “Mamacita.”

Best,
    Joan

Vicky December 15, 2006 at 5:23 pm

I just bought my tickets and posted about the auction. What a fantastic thing these people have put together for Tanner and MD Canada. Isn’t the blogosphere amazing?

…I’m gonna go fight with the HTML for the button now. I CAN post the button. I CAN do it. I CAN. I CAN. I CAN.

FishyGirl December 15, 2006 at 7:30 pm

I bid, I posted, I linked, but I am a technological idiot, and so remain buttonless. Kidlets will be doing letters and pictures this weekend. We hope they offer some joy to Tanner, just like they bring joy to us when we do them.

Mom101 December 15, 2006 at 9:16 pm

This is wonderful, I’m so glad you shared it. Ok, off to bid…

Mocha December 15, 2006 at 10:40 pm

Making my way over to bid. Wonder if I can outbid mom101. You think she’s loaded?

The problem is that I don’t want or need baby stuff and probaly wouldn’t want to bid against her. Unless it was a cute handbag.

Naomi (Urban Mummy) December 15, 2006 at 11:13 pm

I donated. I put up the button. I will purchase. And if I can, I’ll get The Happy Boy to do some drawing for Tanner.

Be Well.

Dana December 16, 2006 at 12:07 am

I’m honored to be a part of this. Tanner is a special child. He is loved.

MommyWithAttitude December 16, 2006 at 6:04 pm

I’m a little late, as always, but honored to help in my very small way.

Ruth Dynamite December 18, 2006 at 3:05 pm

This is a beautiful note from your sister – and the kind of reminder we all could use. I will try to do my part!