Cirque du WonderBaby

February 9, 2007

(Late! Breaking! Edits! And! Additions! Below!)
Featuring the rodeo stylings of the amazing WonderBaby, and her trusty steed, Rocker Moose!

And in other news…

1) Her Bad Mother is a finalist in the Share the Love Blog Awards, in the category of Most Thought-Provoking. I’m not sure what kind of thoughts I’m provoking (judging from my Google search hits, dirty ones, mostly. Sex with a bad mutha, anyone? How ’bout a bad mother enema?), but I’ll take the kudos anyway. And in any case, I’m in good company – go check out the other blogs on the finalist list, and the nominees list, and, while you’re there, kick in a vote for Izzy for Woman Power! and Oh, The Joys for Best Humour Writing. And – OMGIcantbelieveIalmostforgother – Redneck Mommy for Most Inspirational (who I nominated for chrissake) and whose most recent post demonstrates exactly why you should vote for her.

2) If Bad is the New Good, then I think that we can safely say that Selling Out is the New Humanitarianism. Capitalism helps everybody, people. Or, at least, some people. Why shouldn’t I be one of those people? (Coming soon to my reviews page, courtesy of the Parent Bloggers Network: can the 14-month-old WonderBaby learn to read? Do I want her to, god help me?)

3) Okay, so maybe capitalism doesn’t help everybody, but unrepentant pedantry certainly does! Go see what one’s brain on blogging looks like (fried egg, anyone?), and, while you’re there, maybe let us know whether or not you consider yourself to be – gasp! – a Mommy Blogger.

And a late-breaking number four…

4) Bravo to Mo-Wo for this brilliant, heart-wrenching post, a post that reminds us (or should do) to be very, very grateful for the lives that we lead, and the lives that we are able to give our children. Fuck pre-school selection, indeed.

A Just Post Award to you, friend, and a place in the Call to Action Hall of Fame.

Just Post Jan 2007

dana February 9, 2007 at 2:33 pm

Congrats on the nomination! That’s wonderful!

slouching mom February 9, 2007 at 2:34 pm

That photo is priceless! Oh, I did so want a baby girl… And now I shall go sulk, and my boys will think it’s just some girl crisis again.

PS Congratulations on being so thought-provoking! And yes, you are.

Beck February 9, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Congratulations! Very well deserved.
    That photo is hilarious.
    And do I think of myself as Mommy? Nope, I think of myself as Mama. Very Elvis, very Tennessee Williams. (“Big Mama”, when I’m feeling plump.)

Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" February 9, 2007 at 3:11 pm

You go HBM!!!!!

Deanna (Domestic Chicky) February 9, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Brava, HBM…

The picture of your little acrobat is beyond adorable!

jen February 9, 2007 at 4:18 pm

well deserved, Bad. God knows you inspire me every time I come over here.

AND SHUT UP! That picture is outrageous. It’s her lips, dude. it’s always her lips doing the most perfect little lip thing.

it melts things.

xo

Oh, The Joys February 9, 2007 at 5:02 pm

That is the greatest picture ever. Just when I think there can be no greater Wonder Baby photo – there is one greater!

…and on the Are you a Mommy Blogger front… I’m claiming it.

nomotherearth February 9, 2007 at 5:21 pm

Of course the picture is fab. But the sweater! Loving it. I am reminded of Ballet Shoes by Streatfield.

crazymumma February 9, 2007 at 5:38 pm

Something about the photo of WB made me think of this.

good luck.

And congrats on the nomination!

Her Bad Mother February 9, 2007 at 5:45 pm

Thanks, CM!!!

Jenn February 9, 2007 at 7:14 pm

she totally looks ready for her triple flip, stick the landing and ta-da! dismount – and is just waiting for her audience to be ready too. :P too cute!

(and congrats too!)

Denguy February 9, 2007 at 7:35 pm

Hey, I recognize that Ikea moose.

Lisa b February 9, 2007 at 8:27 pm

The daring Wonderbaby! What talent! What Costuming! What a great moose!

urban-urchin February 9, 2007 at 11:22 pm

That picture is so cute- the expressions wonder baby makes are priceless.

kittenpie February 10, 2007 at 12:27 am

Oh, my god’s pajamas, how much do I love that picture?! And, actually, the sweater, which really makes it in combi with the leotard-looking onesie. (I want the sweater for myself, though…)

And – ANOTHER new blog? Sheesh, Catherine, no wonder you don’t sleep.

T. February 10, 2007 at 1:02 pm

You know I voted for ya.

You are simply unforgettable. (Apparently, unlike me…wink, wink.)

Just teasing ya. Thanks for the linky love.

Alex Elliot February 10, 2007 at 9:14 pm

Congratulations!

Heather February 11, 2007 at 1:09 am

awesome photo! just classic!

reminds me of my little one…too precious

Domestic Slackstress February 11, 2007 at 2:07 am

Why, why, why aren’t my comments working here? I think I have laptop issues. What I said was strange searchers have been finding my blog by typing in “rubber panties” and “kids birthday parties gone out of control.”

Lady M February 11, 2007 at 4:18 am

Love the post title, love the picture. Next – a double tuck with a half twist.

sweatpantsmom February 11, 2007 at 4:50 am

WonderBaby is amazing. I think you have an Olympic snowboarder on your hands.

Eric February 11, 2007 at 5:14 pm

Choosing the right perfume can be difficult and because it is also considered an intimate gift buying the wrong perfume can backfire on you and get you the opposite result of that which you hoped for.

The first thing you need to do is do some homework, meaning research. Look at your lady’s perfume bottles, the ones that are nearly empty will be her favorites. If there is one there that is nearly full chances are she doesn’t wear it often or doesn’t like it. Hint around and ask her what types of fragrances she likes and dislikes.

Humans are very sensory oriented and our sense of smell is no different. Certain perfumes can elicit strong reactions in both the wearer and the person reacting to the scent. Perfumes are made not only to attract but to also relax someone. If you aren’t totally sure what kind of perfume to buy you can always play it safe and get something in the aromatherapy line. If you go this route, bear in mind that vanilla scents are considered to relax and a peppermint or lemon scent will be more stimulating.

Chicagoland Mamacita! February 12, 2007 at 1:14 pm

My Garcon has the same little Robeez booties! Love them…he’s not dressed until they’re on.

Granny February 12, 2007 at 1:34 pm

It may be my server but the link didn’t work.

I tracked the Awards down and voted for you.

mo-wo February 13, 2007 at 11:11 am

BAD thanks for the linky love. And, I really look forward to the review — early reading hmmmmmmmm. Me gots my opinions on this.

Off to the ballot box

Krisco February 13, 2007 at 2:59 pm

It’s funny you mention your google hits right here . . . because I did just google you to find you (since I’m at work and this computer doesn’t know you yet) . . . and one of the first hits back was: so you like to be spanked . . .