Spring Has Sprung

March 28, 2007

And WonderBaby…
… sings…

… the body electric.

Also, she loves New York. Too bad that Her Bad Mother is only going to Kentucky.

********

I’m so sorry for being such a bad blog-citizen (blogizen?) this past week or so. What with preparations for this weekend’s conference and stacks and stacks of undergraduate political philosophy papers to mark and planning some super cool surprises (secret!) and working on some super faboo projects, I’ve had, like, no time to visit you all. But I’ll make up for it next week.

I will also, next week, fill you in on the fantasticness that no doubt was our panel on mommyblogging. (Also, I will report on whether I was able to resist tackling Joy to the floor upon our first meeting.) Remember, if you’ve done a post about mommyblogging and what it means to you (and/or answered the questions that I posed in this post the other week), leave me a link so that we can consult you as an expert during our panel, and give you (linky) credit next week when we report back. Need inspiration? Check out Mad Hatter’s epic series of meta-posts on mommy-blogging, or any of the prattle on BlogRhet.

********

Also, I need book recommendations. I’ve got some fourteen plus hours of round-trip air-travel time what with stopovers (Louisville ain’t no direct flight, y’all) and I can’t spend all of it marking papers on Machiavelli and Hobbes. (I am, as it happens, in the Super Coolest Book Club EVER, but the books that are currently under discussion are not my bag.)

NEED BOOKS. NEED GOOD BOOKS.

(Contemporary lit, please. I’ve read everything worth reading prior to the 20th century.)

(I’m joking about that. Sort of.)

Kyla March 29, 2007 at 12:17 pm

WonderBaby is just TOO adorable. I love her ensemble.

Tere March 29, 2007 at 2:50 pm

The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve or The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. Not exactly new books, but they’re my favorites. Also, two books by Anita’s… what are the chances?

Mrs. Chicky March 29, 2007 at 2:58 pm

Um, you don’t want to read about dogs, do you? ‘Cause I’ve got some doozies if you do.

I think the NY Board of Tourism should be paying WonderBaby for making so many want to flock to the Big Apple.

Mom101 March 29, 2007 at 3:21 pm

I heart any baby who hearts NY.

Have a great time – can’t wait to hear all about it.

nonlineargirl March 29, 2007 at 4:18 pm

I’m currently reading Case Histories and on my to-read list is What I Loved (Siri Hustvedt)

The former: sort of a mystery, but more. Love lost and found…

The latter: friendship between two families over 25+ years.

nomotherearth March 29, 2007 at 4:39 pm

Can’t say enough good things about Kite Runner.

I’m assuming that you’ve read it already, but I have always loved A Prayer for Owen Mean by John Irving.

Man, you sound busy!

Kelly March 29, 2007 at 8:46 pm

I read this one before giving birth to my second child, and in the sea of books read by this literature major, I still remember how lovely and funny I thought it to be:

Empire Falls, by Richard Russo.

Jocelyn March 30, 2007 at 1:37 pm

Try LIFE OF PI by Yann Martel. It will make you really thirsty.

If you need more “stranded at sea” reading, try the non-fiction IN THE HEART OF THE SEA by Nathaniel Philbrick. It’s riveting (and the story of the read ship upon which the tale of Moby Dick was based, I do believe).

something blue March 30, 2007 at 2:15 pm

Your singing girl is way too cute.

I’ve got to save this thread to a word file and use it for a reading list! This is awesome.

Dana March 30, 2007 at 2:22 pm

What a doll. Could she be any cuter? I don’t think so!

Lady Liberal March 30, 2007 at 3:21 pm

You MUST read:
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Childhood Friend of Christ
    by Christopher Moore

BEST. BOOK. EVER.

Ms. Porter March 31, 2007 at 7:47 pm

I won’t bother recommending any books because you’ve received alot of great suggestions already (plus you’ve left for your trip already!) but I had to tell you that WonderBaby is so cute in these pics, I want to smooch her!!!

ewe are here April 4, 2007 at 11:55 pm

wb is just adorable… so adorable!