Monday Sucks

October 22, 2007

You know what sucks? More than Monday? More than all-day all-night morning sickness and the flu combined? More than all-day all-night morning sickness and flu combined and insomnia and a house cluttered up with boxes and piles of wet laundry on a Monday? Finally feeling up for a good bout of writing and crafting an epic post that actually involves thoughts and ideas instead of incessant whining and then losing three-quarters of that post because Blogger decides against all evidence to the contrary that you are not logged in so that when you hit Publish it just drops everything and opens the log-in page having not saved a thing for the last hour. Just in time for the nausea to come back and drive you to the toilet so that you can retch and retch and retch and imagine that you’re retching and flushing the only reasonably thoughtful words that you have produced and likely will produce in weeks.

Suckssuckssuckssuckssuckssuckssucks.

I’m going back to bed. Wake me up when the world doesn’t suck so much.

sweetney October 22, 2007 at 1:03 pm

errm, i offer you this sure cure for a bad case of the mondays:

does that help at all? snort.

Julie Pippert October 22, 2007 at 1:05 pm

Oy, sorry hon. Life is playing a mean game of Add It Up on you right now. Hang in there.

Julie
    Using My Words

Phoenix October 22, 2007 at 1:36 pm

Dam and I thought my Monday was kinda sucky. You win.

Feel better.

Piscesmama + One October 22, 2007 at 1:49 pm

OOOOH THAT’s THE WORST :( But don’t worry, one morning you’ll wake up unafflicted and all that thoughtful preggo prose will come spewing out of you onto the webpage. No pun intended :)

Hang in there!
    -Hanna

Beck October 22, 2007 at 1:51 pm

Some days really just aren’t any good at all.

Janet October 22, 2007 at 2:15 pm

I thought following a barfing toddler around with a bucket all day kind of sucked.

You win.

slouching mom October 22, 2007 at 2:17 pm

Oh, no. SUPREME suckitude.

b*babbler October 22, 2007 at 2:43 pm

Ooh… the suckiness of that is truly overwhelming!

I have to think that perhaps something wonderful is soon to come your way to right the extreme imbalance that is currently your world.

Kimberly October 22, 2007 at 2:48 pm

Monday doesn’t suck. Blogger sucks.

well, and Monday too. Just not as much as blogger.

ewe are here October 22, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Blogger sucks, too.

Hope you get some sleep at least.

painted maypole October 22, 2007 at 3:33 pm

well, I have posted some artwork by my child, per your request, so help bring some color into your world!

kittenpie October 22, 2007 at 3:44 pm

Oh, BAD! BAD! Blogger! Be nice to the poor Bad Mother, who sorely needs it! Ugh, that just does suck. No dancing aroudn that one, HBM.

Awesome Mom October 22, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Bad Blogger, very very bad Blogger!

Mrs. Chicky October 22, 2007 at 4:26 pm

*smooches*

A multitude of suckness, indeed.

Badness Jones October 22, 2007 at 4:34 pm

that does suck. if it makes you feel better, my monday started at 5:00am with Badness and a poopy diaper. The diaper had come open on one side, and the poop had migrated all the way down his leg and into the foot of his sleeper. And of course by the time I had him cleaned up, there was NO WAY he was going back to bed. Sorry, but I win. :) Feel better soon.

Lawyer Mama October 22, 2007 at 4:57 pm

Blogger has done that to me before. It sucks donkey balls. (And I don’t say that lightly.)

Feel better.

Kyla October 22, 2007 at 4:58 pm

Oh you. Feel better, friend.

crazymumma October 22, 2007 at 5:35 pm

shitdamnpiss.

I am so sorry you feel so lousy.

Amy October 22, 2007 at 6:21 pm

Sorry to hear that.

I always type my posts in Word, saving along the way, then copy and paste into Blogger.

pinks & Blues Girls October 22, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Losing a post is SO FREAKING FRUSTRATING. And on top of everything else you’re dealing with? I’d go postal.

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Susannah October 22, 2007 at 7:51 pm

Oh, I’ve been there. Maybe not with the flu and morning sickness, so I should probably just shut up right about now. But I, too, have written entire posts, eloquent and brave and true, only to have them whisked away in the internet ethers because Blogger didn’t think I was logged in. Eat a saltine. Click over to something deliciously vapid like Perez Hilton until you get your bearings back.
    Love your blog!

Mimi aka pz5wjj October 22, 2007 at 8:27 pm

Sucks sucks sucks!

I hate when that happens!

Heather October 22, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Yep, that sure sounds like it sucks!

Mary Alice October 22, 2007 at 10:02 pm

UGGHH I am so sorry. I had morning sickness from h-e- double hockey stick…so I know just where you’re coming from.

Jaelithe October 22, 2007 at 10:18 pm

1.) SUCKS! So sorry. I hate it when that happens.

2.) I hate it when that happens so much, that I now have a policy of highlighting my entire post and hitting Ctrl-C right before I push publish. Only takes one extra second. That way, if Blogger decides to hate me, I can open up Word, push Crtl-V, and voila– post recovered.

3.) Attention, Her Bad Unborn Kiddo: CUT IT OUT with the making Mommy hurl act, already, all right? I know, I know, you’re a second child; your big sister is already famous, with a stage name and everything; you feel the need to make your presence known in a big way. But, trust me on this– I have learned from my own little sister, who is an EXPERT at upstaging me– the surest way to favorite-child-dom is to play the adorable suck-up who can do no wrong. Then you can get away with lots of stuff. For instance, you can steal your big sister’s toys and clothes behind your big sister’s back and lie to your parents and say your big sister gave them to you and she just forgot or changed her mind and your parents WILL ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOU and scold the big sister for going backsies instead of punishing you for stealing her stuff. Which will drive your poor older sister to distraction. Then, when she grows up, she will finally take vengeance by writing about your childish hijinks on the internet. But that will only serve to make you MORE famous. Do you see? It’s a brilliant plan.

Way better than making Mom worship the porcelain gods.

nonlineargirl October 22, 2007 at 11:43 pm

Ugh. Sorry to hear it. The morning sickness (and the flu) will hopefully pass soon. I can’t vouch for blogger, however.

Ruth Dynamite October 23, 2007 at 5:57 am

Tomorrow will be better.

ALI October 23, 2007 at 6:58 am

sending you sympathy! one day at a time it’s all you can do.

Christine October 23, 2007 at 8:03 am

yes, that DOES suck.

take care.

Claire Cameron October 23, 2007 at 10:35 am

oh, turns out Tuesdays suck a bit too.

BOSSY October 23, 2007 at 10:50 am

Pssst – it’s tuesday but it still sucks, stay sleeping.

Fizz October 23, 2007 at 2:38 pm

Oh, that does suck. That exact version of suckitude is why I abandoned Blogger when I came back to blogging. I hated when it did that!

Hope Tuesday (or at this rate, Wednesday?) is better…

pkzcass October 23, 2007 at 2:43 pm

Just saw the picture of your soon-to-be house…it’s beautiful!!! I love, love, love that front porch. Just think, soon this nausea will be gone and will be a distant memory (I know, I know, no solace to you now) and picture yourself on that beautiful porch next spring watching her little badness running around the front yard and you sitting contentedly with your new little love.

Feel better? I hope so. I SO know where you’re coming from right now.

Former Dyspeptic October 23, 2007 at 3:30 pm

Sheesh! No justice; no peace.

Sometimes I think that the great celestial clockmaker has it in for us all — and that clockmaker is laughing at our expense. Your prose lost in the ether — it’s gremlins, man! Gremlins!

Hang in there, Sport!

If I could, I would send you a lakeful of ginger ale and bushels of soda biscuits.

My Keyboard Voice October 23, 2007 at 6:51 pm

So sorry you feel like crap.

Roz

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch October 23, 2007 at 9:54 pm

Now that’s just not fair! Damn blogger.

pgoodness October 24, 2007 at 8:46 am

Aww….poor thing! That does truly SUCK.

nomotherearth October 24, 2007 at 9:49 am

You’re just not catching any breaks are you? Suckity suck.

iheartchocolate October 24, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Blogger has done it to me too.

pssst, wake up, it’s Wednesday…Wednesday doesn’t suck so much.

Damselfly October 25, 2007 at 9:12 pm

Aargh! I’d pull my hair out. Oh, wait, I did. Just the gray ones, though.

Sorry!