Bank Of VaJayJay

January 9, 2008

Wonderbaby’s relationship with her nether regions is evolving. It is, she will have you know, no longer a hole.

It is now a pocket.

A recent scene at bathtime:

Wonderbaby: (pointing to nether regions) Look I got, Mommy! POCKET!

Mommy: Oh, my goodness. How about that?

Wonderbaby: You need a penny, Mommy? (rummages about around the pocket) HERE YOU GO! (triumphantly brandishes imaginary penny.)

Mommy: Thank you very much. I’ll put it in MY pocket (makes dramatic show of putting imaginary penny in PANTS pocket.)

Needless to say, we are now keeping a very close eye on our pocket change. Also, we can no longer say things like ‘pocket change’ or ‘check your pockets for change’ with straight faces.

-The Shiny Happy Mama- January 11, 2008 at 11:30 am

Hilarious!!!!!!

gabes_mom January 11, 2008 at 11:54 am

I don’t know what’s worse that or my son in the bath tub last night realizing that he can fit is willywonka through the holes in the little foam ABC’s and 123′s. He prefers the number 8. It’s all quite disturbing.

Lydia January 11, 2008 at 12:39 pm

HBM, wait until there’s a little penis in the mix. Oh. My. God. My 3 year old loves to tell me when it gets hard, he’s so proud. And what do you say? Congratulations?

sweetney January 11, 2008 at 1:00 pm

i’ll never be able to listen to the pretenders song “brass in pocket” the same way again.

Karly January 11, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Hahaha. Reminds me of the time I asked my daughter where her baby wipes were and she responded “In my ‘gina!”

Her Bad Mother January 11, 2008 at 2:24 pm

MommyTime: I *used* to teach political philosophy. I may do so again, one day. But for the moment teaching has been set aside in favor of mommying and writing.

the dragonfly January 11, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Aaahhhh!

The mind of a child…

Maggie January 11, 2008 at 5:56 pm

*SNORT!!!*

the mama bird diaries January 12, 2008 at 12:40 am

HILARIOUS.

My daughter was convinced for a long time that her vagina was her tushy.

Plus, she would constantly tell me that her daddy had a vagina.

But I never heard her mention anything about a pocket.

AnotherMomCreation January 12, 2008 at 2:37 am

WOW, that made me laugh.

And I thought it cute when my little one pointed to my vajayjay and said, “mommy, why do you have hair on you bum”

We had a little anatomy lesson after that comment….

Sarcasta-Mom January 12, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Pocket change. LMAO! The human body is such a fun place to explore…..

Multi-tasking Mommy January 12, 2008 at 7:58 pm

That is a hilarious story!!!

Dana J. Tuszke January 12, 2008 at 10:23 pm

Oh goodnes…I’m tipping over with laughter.

Suburban Gorgon January 12, 2008 at 11:32 pm

Oh, thanks so very much. I had beverage in my mouth when I read this post. Now I have beverage in my nose.

This Southern Belle January 14, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Oh my! Just stopping in, and I love your posts! So funny!

Madame Queen January 15, 2008 at 11:17 pm

OMG, I’m dying. That is hilarious. I went back and read the post you linked to and I’m actually crying because Punkin, too, has recently discovered her hole, only she calls it, appropriately enough, her “body.”

You should tell Wonderbaby (maybe, maybe not?) that you can actually get a better look at it when you’re sitting on the potty. At least that’s where Punkin does all of her explorin’!

AdventureDad January 17, 2008 at 6:47 pm

My daughter is not that funny. But as soon as my son is naked she goes for his penis and pulls it HARD. Constantly hearing the words “No penis for you!” out of the bathroom is kind of funny. Hope he keeps this thought when he’ becomes a teenager.

AD