Crazy Narcissistic Exploitative Zombie-Pimp Mom-Bloggers, Unite and Take Over

April 23, 2008

Nothing makes a mom-blogger prouder than to open the online editorial page of a major newspaper and see a picture of her daughter with a hyper-linked headline that asks “Is Blogging About Your Kid Exploitation?”

Of course it is, you say to yourself. And then you print the article and fold it neatly – you know, for the scrapbook, and also maybe for tax purposes – alongside the stacks and stacks of hundred-dollar bills you’ve collected from the enterprise of exploiting your daughter. The stacks that you make her wrap in wee elastic bands and load into the stroller basket to take to the bank. When she’s not busy posing for the pictures that you post on your exploitative ‘GET UR LIVE TODDLER SHOW RITE HEER” blog, that is. Or amusing herself in the corner with old vodka bottles while you spend the better part of each day telling the Internet stories about her. You know, for the cash.

I knew what that Globe and Mail story was about when I agreed to be interviewed for it. And I knew, too, that allowing them to photograph Wonderbaby and I would make us a focal point. I also knew that when I said, in the interview, this is going sound totally inappropriate, and probably needs a lot of explanation – it’s just that I can’t think of a better word – but in a way I think of her as my property, yanno? that the ambivalent preamble would be omitted when the quote was – inevitably – used. (Actual quote, minus preamble: “In a way I think of her as my property, my work of art… She’s a work in progress that I’m involved in. To that extent, I have some licence to be public about having her as my muse.”) I didn’t have a problem with that. I was prepared to stand by that. I knew that I would have to stand by that, because I knew that I’d get shit for that.

And I did. But I wasn’t quite prepared for the force of the shit being flung.

In the comments to the online article, this was the tenor of the response:

“Is it just me or is this poor little kid doomed from the get go?”

“Isn’t this just another form of pimping?”

“At 6 her daughter will likely hire a lawyer and sue her for half.”

“Parents that sit and blog are actually NOT paying attention to their children. You know the old saying ‘where are the parents.’ Well their (sic) right here in front of you honey, but they are zombified in front of a screen.”

“If this is the way this woman views her child, I hope she saves up whatever money she’s earning from her pathetic blog to pay for her kid’s therapy later in life.”

And my favorite (regarding a quote from Wonderbaby, cited in the title of the article) “Who would teach their child to speak like this?”

(Memo to ‘Dennis sinneD from Calgary’: if you know any two-year olds who can not only construct complete sentences, but articulate those sentences with perfect diction, then you live in some alternate parallel universe where said children quote EB White at five years of age, attend Oxford at seven, and publish their collected essays on the rise of the English novel at ten. Which is to say, NOT CALGARY.)

Anyway. OUCH.

The comments are stupid, I know. And, simply, wrong: I’m not some shameless mom-pimp, whoring out an online kiddy show for pennies from Google ads. I’m a writer. I make money from writing; it’s my job, my contribution to the household income, the means by which we’re going to send her to university and pay for her wedding and help her buy a house and just generally take care of her and her sibling. But it’s also a labor of love – I didn’t start writing to make money, I started because I love it. And I started writing about – mostly – being a mom because, in addition to loving the writing, I found solace and comfort and release and community in it. And so did others – readers, and other writers, who shared their stories with me. And so I kept writing, and so I keep on writing, and so I will keep on writing, until I have no words left. The money is nice, but it’s incidental to my love for the practice of writing.

Most of what I write is not Wonderbaby anecdote. I’m not simply keeping a play-by-play (or, more accurately, asskick-by-asskick) record of her life. I’m writing what is, in part, a living memoir of my experience as a first-time (soon to be second-time) mother. She’s a big part of that – the biggest part, in most obvious respects – but there’s a lot about that experience that holds her at the periphery. A very, very close periphery, but still. My motherhood is a work in progress that involves her closely, but it is, also, a work that is more mine that hers. When I said in the article that she’s my muse, that’s probably as close to the truth of the writing matter as I could get. She is the source of my identity as a mother, and my primary inspiration as a writer – but the story that I tell about the experience of motherhood – the experience of womanhood after having children – is not, strictly speaking, her story. It’s mine. Mostly. (The issue of public/private distinctions as these pertain to the quote-unquote institution of motherhood, and the idea of children as any sort of ‘property,’ are subjects for another post. Soon.) (I’ll just say this: the word ‘property’ – from the Latin proprius, meaning one’s own – doesn’t necessarily refer to chattel. Rousseau and Mill took ‘property’ to refer to the broad spectrum of things – including happiness, self-respect, family – that one might hold dearly as ‘one’s own’)

And in any case – even if one does regard my personal blog as simply one long exercise in narcissistic storytelling about life with Wonderbaby – what of it? As this blogger pointed out to me in a private conversation, why does so-called lifestyle writing in print not prompt people to generalize those writers as narcissistic nutbars or neglectful parents or – most pleasantly – pimps? Memoirs, autobiography, lifestyle op-ed columns – these have been around for a very long time, and while some such writers, I’m sure, are called narcissists, most of them have probably not had the unique pleasure of being called crazy, zombified pimps. (Most of them, however, have – from Rousseau to Sedaris – historically been men. There’s something about so-called lifestyle writing or memoir by women – online or off – that inevitably provokes hysterical name-calling and foretellings of the decline of civilization. This has everything to do with the historical consignment of women and family to the private sphere, I think, but again, that’s a subject for another post. I can only skim the surface here.)

There’s something about mothers lifting back the veil of the family that upsets people, that leads people to accuse the mothers who dare do such a thing of neglecting their maternal duties, of exploiting their children, of exposing their children to the dangers of the public sphere, of being bad. But that’s precisely what makes mom-blogging – to overuse a deservedly overused phrase – a radical act. We’ve always been told to not lift the veil. We’ve always been told to stay behind the veil, no matter what. We’ve always been told that the sanctity and well-being of our families depends upon the integrity of that veil – upon modesty and privacy and keeping our struggles and our victories to ourselves. Which has, over the course of the history of Western civilization (and that of other civilizations, of course, although I cannot speak to these with any authority), kept us isolated from one another. Kept us silent.

I choose not to be silent. I choose to tell my stories, tell – while she is young – her stories, tell the stories of she and I and our family and our place in this world and to pull meaning from those stories and to speculate on those meanings and to reflect, out loud, on what it means to be a mom in this day and age and other days and ages and all the days and ages to come. I choose to use my voice, my fingers, my keyboard to make myself heard. I choose to write. If that makes me appear, to some, a crazy, narcissistic, exploitative zombie-pimp who whores her child out for the sake of a few bucks and the self-indulgence of storytelling, then so be it.

It’s worth it. It’s so worth it.

******

Wee update: The writer of the article contacted me and asked if I wanted the offensive comments removed from the Globe and Mail site. I said no – apart from the name-calling, they’re expressing an opinion that I chose to engage with (because I think that it’s stupid and in some cases offensive, but still) and in any case, I’m not much on with censorship, unless it’s me doing it on my own site. Still… was that the right decision? Letting comments that refer to me as ‘vile’ and ‘zombified’ and ‘pimp’ stand for eternity on the interwebs? Or does open discourse require a bit of personal discomfort – perhaps more than I’m used to – sometimes?

ChicMama! April 23, 2008 at 4:25 pm

Two things, really – Dennis sinneD is just representative of all the comments above and below him – totally out of touch with what it means to read blogs daily, to be connected with the writer (as I think most HBM readers are), and really, to understand what it means to be a mom who thinks about motherhood.

Your statement on pulling back the veil on motherhood is so accurate…I began reading HBM as I dealt with my own PPD (actually googled PPD in Blogger, hoping to find someone writing about it. Bingo – you). So many women minimize the impact on a life that a new baby has – as if it’s all fine, it’s no big deal, it’s wonderful. Blogged about THIS VERY TOPIC today – our truthfulness. In reality, motherhood can be hard and an adjustment and admitting this doesn’t mean we love our children any less. Thanks for always being so truthful and honest.

Ali April 23, 2008 at 4:29 pm

what are people such assholes?

keep telling your stories; keep telling her stories.
    you are awesome :)

Ali April 23, 2008 at 4:30 pm

um, yeah, that should be WHY are people such assholes…ha

mothergoosemouse April 23, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Just what I needed: Morrissey stuck in my head.

To the irrational, cruel commenters: I hope you feel better. Now go find your next opportunity for self-congratulations.

Laura April 23, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

caramama April 23, 2008 at 4:41 pm

If it wasn’t for mommybloggers, my PPD might have gotten the better of me. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you HBM and all other mommybloggers for putting your stories out there, and giving me the courage to do the same.

People who don’t get it, just won’t get it. What you do is inspiring, and I’m sure WB will be so proud of her mother.

kdiddy April 23, 2008 at 4:42 pm

the criticism seems to keep coming from a mindset that once a woman becomes a mother, she no longer has a “myself” that should be of any concern to her. she must think always and only of her child and her child’s wants and needs and her experiences. her experiences as the mother are irrelevant since now it is only the child doing the experiencing. and what a very sad mindset that is and I can see how upset people who live in that mindset can be by these uppity women who INSIST on having their own experiences. not only that, they then have the audacity to share them with other people. who do we think we are, exactly?
    In the U.S., it’s quite possible that in about six months we will elect a woman (a mother at that!) to the presidential office. and yet I’m still expected to keep my mouth shut now that I am a mother. the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tracy April 23, 2008 at 4:47 pm

I know so many adults that end up in therapy because their mothers loved to brag about them on the internet. Oh wait, no I don’t! Because THAT”S STUPID! I can’t imagine how happy I would have been if my mother had been able to keep a memoir of our lives together. Ah well, as Fussy says, Writing Well is the Best Revenge.

toyfoto April 23, 2008 at 4:50 pm

When I commented earlier I hadn’t read the article only the comments.
    And to be honest, I think the article was VERY GOOD, even withstanding that context-deprived quote. Which makes me wonder why the comments went where they did. Also makes me realize why I’ve been reading more and commenting less.

Carmen April 23, 2008 at 4:53 pm

From one crazy, narcissistic, exploitative zombie-pimp who whores her child out for the sake of a few bucks and the self-indulgence of storytelling to another,

BRAVO.

I pink puffy heart you.

Nic April 23, 2008 at 4:56 pm

It’s so convenient for other people to judge your parenting when they’re busy not thinking about the ramifications of mommy/daddy being a judgmental douchebag.

These parenting wars seem way too stressful. Would you like a hug?

Dawn April 23, 2008 at 4:57 pm

I say three cheers for you for putting yourself “out there”, being strong enough to know that you are not doing anything wrong and have an entire subculture who backs you up. An entire subculture that is quickly becoming the mainstream.

There are people who get it and people who don’t. I’d like to think that those of us who do are ahead of the curve and going to be able to function much better in the future of this world because we understand how to use the internet as a tool and are open to allowing ourselves to be authentic. Those who don’t are going to struggle.

Mrs. Chicken April 23, 2008 at 4:59 pm

Essayists throughout history – and all writers, fiction or non – have always mined their life experiences for material. I do not know why mother are more maligned for this than others.

I think it has more to do with the medium, which is view as frivolous. It is such a nascent publication method – and it transfers power from a few elite editors to the writer. I think that has a lot more to do with the backlash.

I think you do the medium proud, Catherine. And you are part of its long, long future.

Her Bad Mother April 23, 2008 at 4:59 pm

Nic – yes, always ;)

rationalpsychic April 23, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Anyone who has William Blake as one of their inspirations can’t be all bad. Besides, mommy (and other) pimps don’t usually write as well as you do.

Good luck and don’t let the bastards get you down.

Karianna April 23, 2008 at 5:18 pm

The cool thing about how so many of us are using blogs to discuss our lives is that by definition, we become common. Even if we are pouring out our hearts, there is someone else doing the same. Of course, your language is mellifluous, whereas mine is rather clunky, but I still gain happiness from expressing myself with written word. But since we are one of many, our kids are similarly not “unique” in the eyes of the online world.

In other words, all of our kids will be googleable, have their own myspace/facebook pages, and will have a presence online. Therefore, none of them will feel particularly “spotlighted.”

I think of a phone book: Initially people may have been concerned “People will know where I live! They will call me at all hours of the day!” But since everyone else in the community had their address and phone number published, no one person was harassed.

Yes, an article talking about “exploiting” is going to receive negative comments. This doesn’t meant those comments don’t hurt, just that people are naturally going to express their opinions in a biased way.

Godless Sunday April 23, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Best one yet. Thank you!

Miscellaneous-Mum April 23, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Because of work matters that are picking up this year, I’m starting to be asked questions of this ilk: Why blog about the kids? What about sexual predators? Shouldn’t you work more offline than on the blog? (as I do make more money offline than on, still.)

Personally, I feel a bit for people who cannot see the value in placing into words all that we think and feel, not only about parenthood but as ourselves as women. (Or men, as the case maybe).

Stay strong. Do as Winston Churchill said, “Never, never, never give in.”

Haley-O April 23, 2008 at 5:46 pm

I read the article in the paper and then commented on it myself on my blog. It looked MUCH worse online — with all the below-the-belt comments. I was hurt by them, and I can only imagine how you felt. Whether or not there’s any logic to the comments, they no doubt hurt, and I hope you’re okay.

I actually felt comforted and encouraged by your presence in that article. I had a feeling your words were taken out of context and worried about the backlash.

Obviously, keep doing what you’re doing and don’t look back. You’re an inspiration. And, I LOVE this post (the whole scratching the surface of women in the private sphere, etc, etc? Can’t wait to hear more.)

slackermommy April 23, 2008 at 5:47 pm

I agree with you, completely. We are writing history. I would have loved to have had an account from my mother about raising me, a small peek into what life was like for her. Even the negative stuff because motherhood isn’t all neatly wrapped and tied with a bow. My kids are 10, 8, 6 and 2. The older ones know about my blog and have given me permission to write about them. They don’t read it but I know one day they will. Most of it they will get a kick out of and if anything embarrasses them I’m more than willing to hit the delete key. We are writing history. And an important one at that.

Leah April 23, 2008 at 5:56 pm

I was just thinking about this today–about how the best “mommyblogs” are just that: blogs about motherhood, not blogs about children. There are a lot of people out there who keep online journals about what cute thing Junior said today or what milestones Junior Miss is achieving ahead of the curve, and while there’s definitely room for that–there’s room for EVERYBODY here–to me those blogs are in a different genre from the blogs that take those cute things and milestones and then take them a step or ten further, reflect upon them at a deeper level, speak to them from the point of view of a participant rather than just an observer/reporter.

Good writing makes good mommyblogging, but even more than that, good thinking is where it all starts.

motherbumper April 23, 2008 at 6:04 pm

So is the title of this post going to be your new handle when WB 2.0 makes his debut? Or better yet, put it on your business card.

Anyhow, there are some really shiny gems in the G&M comments. Most are pretty funny because it’s pretty obvious that the reason they leave these flaming, poor composed comments is so they can see their sad little brain farts in print. I bet a few had to take a nap after sounding off. Not all are bad, but there are some real winners in that bunch.

Mom101 April 23, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Oh dammit. I knew this was going to happen when I saw that quote, and knowing you I knew exactly what the intent was.

I think you just have to roll with it, as you are already doing so gracefully. Someone judging you on one excerpted quote in a paper is like someone judging your fashion sense based on a glimpse of you in sweats after a hangover. It’s accurate, sure, but it’s hardly the entire picture.

Be strong.

sweetney April 23, 2008 at 6:19 pm

mah hero. fo reals, and you know it.

flutter April 23, 2008 at 6:29 pm

Not only is it worth it, but it’s to be celebrated

OHmommy April 23, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Amen. Seriously… people need to get a life.

marymurtz April 23, 2008 at 7:00 pm

:::STANDING OVATION::::

Her Bad Mother April 23, 2008 at 7:36 pm

Motherbumper – Word. HBM be damned. I’ll be going with CNZPMB.

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Dear HBM, I’ve been a reader of yours for over a year now and I just had to comment on this post. Bravo!!! I read this site (I am a woman in my late twenties who will hopefully start her own family sometime in the next year) mainly because I loved your writing style and storytelling. As someone who early got bit by the writing bug and then sort of lost it along the road of Life, this post really resonated with me. You and Wonderbaby have been an inspiration and your journey together has taught me much too! Just wanted to show my support.
    Aileen

Y April 23, 2008 at 7:54 pm

You know, maybe we should just stop writing about “our lives” and “what is important to us” and just start writing about “What is Going on Down There” and “Flomites. But wait! Then people will call us “Whores” because we’re exploiting our vaginas for a little ad revenue!

Ah… people.

Anonymous April 23, 2008 at 7:59 pm

Its crazy to think that some kids aren’t going to grow up and hate their parents for doing this. As evidence, you might consider that even if this is ”making history”, many of the people who actually have made history by turning their lives into “art” were actually resented by a lot of the people around them for exactly that reason. Why would this be any different? Some other kids probably wouldn’t mind though. But who knows which will be which. Mind you, I don’t think that “artists” are actually supposed to care.

Karen MEG April 23, 2008 at 8:24 pm

First of all, BEAUTIFUL picture of you and Wonderbaby. Love it.

The article, not so bad. The comments, so overwhelmingly negative and judgemental, by people who have not read your blog, or DMD’s or any other “mom” blogs, just don’t get it. But just because you don’t get it, doesn’t mean you should slam it.

I suppose that makes me a CNZPMB as well. If it puts me anywhere near the same category as you (and in terms of writing capability, I am SO NOT), then I would consider myself so lucky to be in such wonderful company.

Shash April 23, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Sign me up for the CNEZPMB. And if I can make $40,000 per year? Yes, please!

It won’t happen (the $40,000 thing), but it sure would be nice!

I love the photo of you and Wonderbaby in the article. I love the hands-over-her-eyes because it’s as if she’s saying “I can’t see all you crazy, insensitive people bashing my mom because she is wonderful, and you have no idea how cool she really is. Now go away.”

You? Are AWESOME, Catherine. Those of us who have met you know that.

Your blog is a love letter to your family. You just allow many to read it. Thank you for the luxury and the peek inside; because who DOESN’T look inside people’s windows as they pass by houses?

Just me? I doubt it.

Shash

Roz April 23, 2008 at 8:45 pm

In no way does the article give any indication of the beauty and love radiating from your blog. It’s pure spin. I have read literally every post you’ve written and this is the only blog that I check and read every day (when you’ve posted, obviously). It’s where I discovered the wonderful world of parent blogs, where I started to learn to deal with my own PPD, and has continually been a launch pad for introspection on any number of issues.

You know they got it wrong, we know they’ve got it wrong. Your readers love you and that’s why we keep coming back.

Shannon April 23, 2008 at 8:56 pm

That was said just right. Thanks!

And hey, *if* you are a crazy, narcissistic, exploitive, zombie-mommy, at least you aren’t alone! We salute you!

Jenny, the Bloggess April 23, 2008 at 9:24 pm

It’s the same thing as the people complaining that abstract modern art is ridiculous and any 5 year old could do it. They only say that because they don’t have the ability to understand it and feel that they could do it as easily so since they aren’t it’s irrelevant and should be judged. Blogging is just an honest form of scrapbooking, journaling and community building and you are a master of this. There are bound to be haters but it doesn’t make your work any less wonderful, honest and poignant. If I were your daughter I’d be so proud to have you record my life and give me such insight into the person my mother really is.

Nancy April 23, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Some of these commenters are probably old school people who believe Ann Landers when she says that the Internet is just full of evil people and we should all be suspicious of anyone we encounter online.

But what cracks me up is when the commenters throw darts at bloggers for “neglecting their families” — yet they have the time to not only read articles online but comment extensively on them? Probably while their kids are drinking water out of the toilet or some such thing.

People seriously need to think before they write. Kind of like bloggers do.

xoxoxoxo

Her Bad Mother April 23, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Anonymous: kids grow up to hate their parents for many reasons. Why they should be disproportionately more likely to grow up to hate parents who lovingly chronicled their experience of parenthood, I fail to see.

nomotherearth April 23, 2008 at 10:51 pm

LOL what Christina said – I must be some bad kind of zombie pimp cause I don’t make one red cent from my blog. And yet I still do it.

In all seriousness, I was a little hurt by the article. I started my blog on a whim one day because I was reading a couple and wondered what mine would look like if I had one.

I was then ushered into this wonderful world of moms that are supportive and kind, instead of snooty and dismissive, as had been my experience thus far.

The opportunity to write about my experiences, and get feedback and support has made me a BETTER mother, not a worse one. Also, the reading and writing of blogs has thrown me a lifeline when I thought I was drowning. Why do people – any people – have to try to make it a bad thing? How on earth does it possibly affect them?

On the other hand, I had to guffaw at the ridiculosity of the comments. If they knew you in person, they couldn’t possibly say those things. You’re great.

FishyGirl April 23, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Catherine, my mother died when I was 15, and while I knew her as my mother, I never ever had the chance to know her as a Mother and a Woman. One of the reasons I started my own blog is that if, God forbid, the worst ever happens and I leave my children too soon, they will still have a glimpse, however small, into me as a Mother and a Woman.

I have always seen your blog as the consumate expression of Woman as Mother, of the study of Motherhood through the academic lens, but with the spin of the subject matter expert due to experience, rather than academic study. It is this difference in perspective that you do better than just about anyone else out there, and one of the reasons that I would be here, reading, even if I had no children at all.

Of course, meeting you in person and seeing that you are both as lovely and brilliant in Real Life as you are here didn’t do anything to drive me away, either. :-)

Meg April 23, 2008 at 11:28 pm

First time commenter, but….standing ovation! What you so eloquently put into words reflects what so many of us feel.

chris April 23, 2008 at 11:30 pm

If you are getting this much attention, you must be doing something right.

Haters are usually miserable people anyway so don’t sweat it and be happy.

jennyonthespot April 24, 2008 at 12:21 am

You go girl :)

Loralee Choate April 24, 2008 at 12:23 am

I mainly lurk around here (Hello!)
    but this created some STRONG emotions in me.

I deleted a very long rant (you’re welcome!)about the stupidity of the comments made, especially the person who said you were a zombie. I wonder where THEIR children were when they were typing that little gem, you know?

You’re a great writer and you have every right to write what you want. The most important thing? You’re a good mom. At the end of the day that is what matters.

Izzy April 24, 2008 at 12:29 am

You know, I didn’t even read the comments at The Globe because I thought it was a fantastic interview that spoke volumes about how much you love your child.

Perhaps I’m naive but it never occurred to me to check and see what other people were saying because I didn’t see any reason to criticize you or to denigrate you as a mother. I guess that’s because I “get it” and if any of those asswipes had ever bothered to read through your blog, they would have, assuming they are not of below average intelligence, come to a conclusion similar to mine — that this is a woman that loves her child and is writing about her experiences as her mother in a respectful manner. Yes, it’s sometimes funny but HELLO? So is life.

Ignore the haters. They’re not worth a single second of your precious time. ((((Catherine and WB and baby))))

Kristin April 24, 2008 at 1:17 am

There are so many eloquent comments here — and I just wanted to say Hell to the Yes. You are so goddamned smart.

Bokker April 24, 2008 at 8:21 am

I thought the article had some relevant arguments. The comments not so much.
    The idea, the VERY IDEA, that by taking time for themselves- for work, for leisure, for whatever- mothers are neglecting their children, is beyond sexist, for reasons so various I won’t begin to list them. Suffice to say, I’m not a mother, and I’m pretty mad, so I can only imagine how livid I would feel if I HAD children to neglect/exploit.
    Interesting point re online/print publishing. I think there’s a widely-held belief that writing can only be “Proper Writing” when it operates within the established economic (and, yes, I will say it, patriarchal) system of print publishing. There’s a sense that bloggers- and, horrors, wimmins- are getting “above their station” by daring to assume that people might want to read their writing, and to publish it themselves. And when whole new systems emerge which allow some people to earn money from their writing outside the established canon… Well, that knocks a lot of noses right out of joint. It’s not just women/mothers having a voice, it’s women taking a voice without asking for it, and then making an independent living from it. How inconvenient.
    To sidetrack slightly, can I also say that one of the things I appreciate most about your writing is the academic vigour you demonstrate (makes sense, given your professional background) alongside your personal testimony. I love these posts which engage with rhetoric and society and shit. Makes me want to go back to uni and write essays again. This comment is almost as long as an essay, so that’s a start.
    Bravo.

belseslaf April 24, 2008 at 9:11 am

You are a fantastic writer and that’s all there is to it. You’re also smart as hell. Keep on writing. We enjoy your stories now and I bet Wonderbaby will absolutely love them when she is older. You’re building her a treasure.

themommykelly April 24, 2008 at 9:20 am

Ah. The power of the misquoted word! Amazing!

HRH April 24, 2008 at 9:21 am

Joyfully dancing in front of the veil.

I do find a little irony in the “Parents that sit and blog are actually NOT paying attention to their children. ” comment…that it was ONLINE. I am really am hoping there were no unsupervised children present at that house.