A Jasper By Any Other Name

June 10, 2010

may skateboards etc 081We knew that Jasper was going to be Jasper for months before he was born. From the moment that we found out that he – hitherto referred to as Sprout – was going to be a he, he was Jasper. Jasper. It was a name for eccentric old English uncles, for suspender-wearing artists pottering about in skylit attics, for crusty old men with beards restoring boats and smoking pipes on pebble-strewn beaches, for boys in knee-britches chasing rabbits in heather fields. Jasper. I loved the name. I knew that it was his name with as much certainty as I’ve ever known anything.

My mother hated it. Oh, honey, she said when I told her. Oh, honey, really?

The lesson, don’t tell anyone what you’re planning on naming your child, hadn’t sunk in from my first pregnancy, when she pulled an oh honey no on Emilia’s original name, Theo. Really, Mom. And it’s not up for discussion.

But what will you call him for short?

– What does that matter, Mom? We’ll call him what we call him. Which, I thought, was a perfectly sensible response. After all, we couldn’t have guessed in advance that we’d refer to Emilia as Budge (my mother calls her Milly, Jasper calls her Maya, but she is and will always be, to her father and me, Budge or Budgie. And no, we do not know why. She just is Budge.) How could we know what we would call Jasper? That would sort itself out after he arrived.

Or not.

The obvious diminutive form of Jasper is ‘Jas’ or ‘Jazz’ – ‘Per’ doesn’t quite roll off the tongue – and we certainly sometimes call him that, but more often than not we simply spin silly variations on any word – or, as the case may be, non-word – that begins with a J. This sometimes takes a turn for the bizarre, and, very occasionally, the inappropriate.

J-Man.

Jizzer

Jizzburger

Joey.

Joomba.

Joombalaya.

Joo.

That last one caused a little confusion on a playdate the other week. Jasper was performing some of his usual acrobatics on a swingset and, in the process, ended up upside down in some sand, which prompted me to leap to my feet and yell something to the effect of oh, J-Man! Joey! My little Joo!

Which prompted my new friend to spin on the bench. Did you just call him your JEW?

Huh?

Are you Jewish?

What? Oh, god, no, it’s just… he’s… I sometimes call him… I call him lots of things… you know… like…

… and I swear to god, at precisely that moment my twisted, sleep-deprived mind could only think of Jazzer Arafat, which, you know, would only lead her to think that I have a really perverse outlook on peace in the Middle East, although that would have maybe been marginally better than telling her that I also sometimes call him Jizz.

At that moment I realized that, however irritated I had been by my mother’s early questions about Jasper’s name, she had been right about one thing: sometimes, the names don’t just sort themselves out. Sometimes, you have to give a little thought to what you’re going to holler across the playground. ‘Budge,’ Emilia’s nickname, has garnered some funny looks, but I doubt that it has caused anyone to question my politics, or my sanity. And when she’s sixteen and we’re still calling her that, she’ll roll her eyes at us and protest – just as I did when my mom called me Trinky in front of my friends (she still does this from time to time) – but it won’t really be all that embarrassing, and she’ll learn to appreciate it as the term of affection that it is. But Jasper, I am sure, is not going to want me shouting Jizzer! or Joo! at his football games or dance recitals. So.

jasper's b-day 248

Beware the Jibberwock

As I once said (and it seems such a very long time ago now), nicknames are special names, and they are always, by their very nature, “gibberish, gobbledygook, nonsense. Words that mean nothing, but which are nonetheless utterances of affection, expressions of love in our own private language.” All of the names that I, that we – my husband, Emilia and I – call Jasper are babbled utterances of love, and even though some of them lend themselves to misunderstanding, and all of them are nonsensical, and none of them have stuck, they are all exuberant expressions of how very much we love him, of how very, very, beyond-the-reach-of-ordinary-language special he is.

Still. We should probably restrict the use of Jazzer Arafat and JizzBomb to the yard.

You don’t need to tell me your nicknames for your kids, although I’d love it if you would. And, are there any names that you’ve had to restrict to private use? That the grandparents have looked at askance? That have caused funny reactions in the playground? Or am I the only one who should be consulting UrbanDictionary before I holler at my kid?

Anna Marie June 11, 2010 at 12:55 pm

My son Thomas is T-Man, Thomasina (he’ll hate that one when he’s older) Puddin’ or Sweet Potato, or my favorite – Ebenezer Double-sneezer – because he always sneezes twice in a row. My daughter Emerson is Emma-Lemma-Ding-Dong, Emster, Em, Peaches, or Emerson-Stop-Pulling-The-Dog’s-Tail! which is actually more of a command, but comes out of my mouth nearly as frequently as her name does.

Ruby's Mama June 11, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Our Ruby is a very squirmy girl (especially after her bath) and her father frequently refers to her as his “greasy jamon”….which prompts my mother to constantly question the sanity of parents who refer to their daughter as a pig.

MFA Mama June 11, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Never, ever, EVER tell anyone What You’re Naming The Baby. I learned this the hard way with my first son, who was an Archer in utero for WEEKS until my ex-husband foolishly told his mother. “ORCHARD?” she screeched, “ORCHARD you’re going to name my grandson after a bunch of FRUIT TREES?” Of course she was being deliberately obtuse (there is nothing the matter with her hearing or her grasp of the English language, she’s just a bitch). “So he’ll be Archie, like the comic book, and everyone will laugh,” she finally sighed. So we changed the name to something else, and since I keep our real names anonymous let’s just say it’s a name like Thomas but we wanted to call him Tom. “Well if his name is THOMAS you can’t call him TOM that’s just STUPID, I don’t BELIEVE in nicknames,” my ex-MIL whined, conveniently forgetting about Archie. So I laid down the law and told my ex that either he lied to his mother and swore we were naming the baby Tom or it was back to the drawing board. “You’re naming him TOM, just TOM, not THOMAS,” was the predictable response, “that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.” But we stuck to our guns. She called him Tom. And then after he was born she presented us with an engrave-able silver-ended glass tube, a BIRTH CERTIFICATE HOLDER, with the plate engraved “TOM” and oh, the smugness. That thing was the ugliest knickknack I have ever seen, and the tube was too short for his birth certificate, and we threw it out I think but the point is JUST DON’T TELL ANYONE UNTIL THE BABY IS BORN AND MAYBE NOT EVEN THEN. Eventually my ex-MIL saw a blanket a friend had had embroidered with the child’s name, birthdate, and weight at birth and said “well why would it say Thomas when he’s TOM?” and I told her “his legal name is Thomas but we call him Tom, we lied to you because you were being so difficult about his name. We almost got a divorce over it and decided that was the lesser evil.” She was furious, of course, and kept right on meddling and eventually we did get a divorce but to this day she calls my oldest son TOM so I guess I win? Oy.

charlene June 11, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Love this post. My sons name is Wesley. Yes, it is old fashioned but it fits him. Nicknames that have appeared:

Wesie (by me)
    Wes
    Mr. W by his older cousins to get him riled up
    Bug
    Bug Butt
    Toothless ( just lost a tooth)
    Monkey Toes

Ali June 11, 2010 at 2:32 pm

My mum always called me Lucy as a kid. I have no idea. If she liked Lucy so much why didn’t she just call me Lucy?

I call Sam Samuelly McSmelly, Spud, Monkeybum, Stinky pants, Flump a lump, Munchkin, Brat, Puddle pants (Don’t ask me, I open my mouth and words come out…) his best friend calls him Max. In fact he answers to anything and everything, well, except Sam that is.

My grandad was the best, he could never remember peoples names so all the male grandkids were called Cuthbert and all the females Sidney.

Robbin June 11, 2010 at 5:22 pm

We named our son Hieronymus. This was agreed upon even before we knew he was a boy. Most of the world know him as Harry. But to us, he is Harrypotamus and always will be.

Talk about your parents hating it.

Yeah. Been there.
    .-= Robbin´s last blog ..The more things change =-.

J from Ireland June 11, 2010 at 8:02 pm

My eldest son Luke gets called Cookie. My daughter Moya gets called Moya Moo. My son Billy gets called Billy Boy. My daughter Nell gets called The Nell Bell or Nellicious.
    I love nicknames, my parents had about 5 differnt names for each of us and even now as adults we know exactly who is who.
    .-= J from Ireland´s last blog ..Edinburgh Rocks!! =-.

Amory June 11, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Our son Miles has a gazillion nicknames. Myzee P. Pyzee (he calls himself this at times), Myzee, Monkey, MyzerDoodle just to name a few :)

TJenn June 11, 2010 at 10:02 pm

This post made me giggle so much…I had always thought I was a little different for sticking my little girl with a million nicknames.

What stuck? Pooparoo.

She answers to Pooparoo more often then her real name, Abigail.

Carol June 11, 2010 at 11:20 pm

So, if you are going to call him Jasberry Ram, you most definitely have to get the book “Jamberry” by Bruce Degen. If your kids haven’t heard it yet, they are going to love it! Just be prepared to read it 25 times! A few other favorites for two year olds: “Little Blue Truck” by Alice Schertle, “The Big Red Bus” by William Benedict and “Sheep in a Jeep” by Nancy E. Shaw. Cute pics by the way, cute kids!

melissa June 11, 2010 at 11:26 pm

i have a nephew named felix and one named hugo. hugo is called hugs. felix…well, there are many names.

i have to tell you, i LOVE the name jasper!! and that kid…is breathtakingly gorgeous!!
    .-= melissa´s last blog ..If You Hear Code Yellow, At Least Look Up =-.

Diapers and Wine June 12, 2010 at 8:01 am

Oh, man,this post made me snort coffee out my nose and it’s not even 8am here. Hang on, let me wipe the tears….

….we started calling my youngest “Katie-did,” which led to calling my oldest, “Sarah-doo.” Not that exciting, except for the allusion to poop, I guess.

Diapers and Wine June 12, 2010 at 8:08 am

@dana, Pull that stick out of your ass and have a drink or two, hon.

Sunny June 12, 2010 at 12:45 pm

That is so funny that Amelia is Budge or Budgie without really an explanation. When my son was born, my husband held him in his arms for the first time and called him “Boogito.” It’s nothing like his actual name but from then on he’s been Boogito, Boog, Boogs, Boogeets, and Bug. I can hardly wait to hear what he’ll call our second child. I hope he doesn’t call him Jizzbomb.
    .-= Sunny´s last blog ..Toddler Interrupted. =-.

Alison June 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Oh you’ve mad me laugh and laugh with this. Glad that my comment is right underneath Sunny’s comment. My son is called Sonny and my mother in law point blank refuses to call him it. She says it’s not a real name. Even though we named him after Sonny Rollins and Sonny Liston and Sonny Bono (okay, maybe not the last one). Instead she calls him Little’Un. She hasn’t broken in 10 YEARS. I play trying to catch her out. I thought when we had another she would have to distinguish between them but no. He’s still Little’Un. And when our second was a girl, I wanted to call her Cher just to piss her off. But I chickened out.
    .-= Alison´s last blog ..Why I Always played Left Half in Hockey =-.

Cameramom June 12, 2010 at 3:00 pm

My oldest gets Jare Bear, Hotrod(his dad calls him that), Max gets Mighty Max Max bunny Tater Tot Wingnut Chicken Neck (the last 2 are from Pop-pop, Max calls pop-pop hubcap). They both get Crazy boy, I can’t even remeber how that one started!

Ginger June 12, 2010 at 6:28 pm

OK, I once called my husband “sweet pea-ness” in the presence of my two stepsons. I’d been adding -ness to a lot of words, but it worked less well on sweet pea.

My husband is muffin (short for stud muffin, obviously) so the girls are muffinettes, muffin pies. I have Hannah Bean and Claire becomes Clarabella then Belle. The list goes on and on, and on my blog they are sometimes gingerlings.

I love Jasper, which is what everyone used to call my old sweet dog jarvis when they couldn’t remember his name correctly.

Um, what the hell about the comment before mine? Do you want a call to action for some flame warring? Oh wait, I am the grown up at my house. Never mind.
    .-= Ginger´s last blog ..And by the way, I never thought of CP for six hours =-.

Jen Wilson June 12, 2010 at 10:40 pm

LOVE the nicknames. We call our kids all sorts of things. Mostly, I just call both of them “Goober”.

Becca_Masters June 13, 2010 at 10:50 am

this did indeed make me laugh! I suspect though that the name Jasper will become very popular (thanks to Stephanie Meyer) so no doubt lots of new nicknames will come to mind.

I’ve been given a fair few nicknames, and slowly i’m still getting more!

My correct given name is Rebecca (i spent ages changing the spelling about because I thought Rebecca was just too dull)
    I’ve had
    Boo, Bex, Becca, Becky, Donut (my aunt still calls me this, and to this day I still answer her. She even does it in public, and I respond to her in public. People must think my name really is Donut) I’ve also been called Bee, Smally (my maiden name was Smalldon)and the latest is Queen Rottie…. I won’t even tell you how that one came about. it’s a LONG story.

my sisters nicknames are even weirder. Her name is Amy, and her nicknames when she was smaller were Fatguts and Daddys stool pigeon.

My younger brother was known as Bushboy.

nicknames are awesome :-)

my husband is known to everyone as Flams….
    .-= Becca_Masters´s last blog ..I really should blog more. =-.

Jaelithe June 13, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Psssst just call him J. J is the awesomest best nickname ever, because it’s the best letter of the alphabet — it’s the tenth! The tenth. That’s special. And only really smart and beautiful people get to have the nickname J. Really.

Or you could call him Rock.
    .-= Jaelithe´s last blog ..Days Before Yesterday =-.

LibraryGirl62 June 14, 2010 at 12:26 am

My son is Maxwell, which became Maxiwelly moo-moo, now he is just Moo-and 16-and yes, I call him that around his friends :) Sometimes he is Schmooey…and then Bubbie
    Lindy Pearl is Sissy, Pearl Monster to her daddy and I still call her 17 year old self Sugar Plum Fairy :)

Jaque June 14, 2010 at 11:43 am

We’ve taken to calling my almost 2 year old, Edward, baby Al-Qaeda because he’s a bit of a terrorist, as most 2 year olds are. I never thought twice about it until we were in our local Middle-Eastern owned convenience store. We got some funny looks as well…..I think I’ll go back to just calling him Tiny. Yikes.

Kim June 14, 2010 at 12:05 pm

My oldest daughter (4) has the nickname of Punky. I am apparently especially lazy and usually shorten it to Punk. So we are in public and I call her “Punk” to get her attention or tell her that we are leaving. I wonder if people think a) that her name is actually Punky when we use that or b) I am just calling my kid a punk.

Her sister is Tay Tay (which I didn’t think was odd for Taylor, but everyone comments on it).

Both girls have been called Shorty McButterpants (if you’ve ever seen The King of Queens, there’s an episode where Kevin James calls himself Chubby McButterpants).

Angie June 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Our son is named Nikhil but only his doctor calls him that. He’s otherwise known as Kili, Kilimanjaro, Handsome, Mr. Man, Kils (majorly awkward at the playground), Kilsies (??!), Monkey Man, Chief, Baba, Babs, Babbycakes, and so on. It always amazes me that he responds to any and all of these names.

red pen mama June 14, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Ah, a post to make us laugh.

Flora is faced with the same “nickname” problem. We can’t call her “Flor”; my brother calls her “Flo” on occasion, and we wish he wouldn’t. I called her Florabean, and probably will for the rest of her life.

Kathryn, on the other hand, does not go by that name, ever, except when she is in trouble with her father. She has been, since hour 1, Kate, my Kate. I have taken to calling her Kate-Kate, Katiebelle, and Katie-Kate.

I think I can get away with these.
    .-= red pen mama´s last blog ..Poop Problems, Continued =-.

Bailey June 14, 2010 at 7:30 pm

My daughter’s name is Lily, but the first time my grandmother held her she cooed, “My little Lilikoi!” and I kicked myself for not naming her that, because I thought it was so pretty. Most of her nicknames come from that: Lee-Lee, Koi, Koi-Koi.

We also call her Schmoops and Kupa. Where does this stuff come from?

Susana S P June 15, 2010 at 7:52 am

Jasper is a wonderful name. And I’m fairly sure I’d never think not to call him Joo, too. (Do you see spellings when you speak? I do.)

We named The Best Baby Oriana, an unusual (but allowed, due to medieval tradition) name in Portugal. It’s a fairy name, a princess name.
    Unfortunately, people tend to think she is Mariana, much more common, or, which I dread, Ariana (I would never name my child Aryan, but it’s astoundlingly popular these days).
    I thought I would call her Ori, but I almost never do, except when I am overcome with her joy and burst out into Ori-ori-ori-ori-gatinha. She (is 17 months and) calls herself Nana (which is also what she says mamã is called). We call her Oninana, Ninana, nanana, bichana (what you call kitties), ori-bichana, bichaninha. Also, Disparate.
    In English, I mostly just call her baby, pussy-cat, kitty-kins and such. Sometimes, Spaghetti-Oh.
    The looks askance come mostly from the English, and not from the referring to my child as canned “food”.

Sarahviz June 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm

My 3 boyz nicknames are: Viz, Dutch and Mooga.

One of them is Caleb. I thought FOR SURE we would call him Cal for short, but nope.
    .-= Sarahviz´s last blog ..Six! =-.

Forgotten June 15, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Oh my. Where to begin?

My boys, twins, are either Twin A & B, Noggin (he has a shunt so his head size is slightly larger, I know…bad) & Screech (he was on oxygen so long that he has a scream that can rupture an eardrum), Bugaboo & Little Man, Heffalump (he’s the heavier of the two) & Wee Mite, Sludge & Smudge, Tall Guy & Mini-Me, Monster & Monkey, Fwopy (he does the passive agressive throw yourself in the floor and not move thing) & Old Man (when he was in the NICU, he looked just like a wrinkled little old man), I could go on and on…

My girl is Grabby, Gabrellie (I’m the only one who ever calls her this), Gabrella, Ellie, Baby G, Tater Tot, Tiny Tot, Drama Queen, Sissyfus, Oh Weeee (because of a sound she makes), Yodel (yes, she yodels at 15 months *snort*), Piglet, Babygirl, Teeth (she’s recently started biting me when she nurses occassionally), Ol’ Blue Eyes, Puddles (she loves water), and Micro Tike, and so many more it would take me forever to list them all.

It’s it so much fun giving them nicknames?
    .-= Forgotten´s last blog ..On alligators and ex’s… =-.

Karen June 15, 2010 at 11:14 pm

We call my son Jeff, Squeaker (Squeak for short). It started when, as a newborn, he made all kinds of odd squeaking noises. And it stuck because, when he laughs really hard, he still squeaks. Oh, he is going to hate this in a couple of years!

Jenna June 16, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I stumbled on your blog while trying to find little boy haircuts that might convince me to cut my little one’s hair. I have a serious problem with chopping off his lovely locks, and I see now that I am not the only one! My question to you is… do you regret it? Are you happy you finally did? Jasper is one absolutely adorable and handsome and beautiful boy, and I can’t wait for my little guy (Eli… or E, Elight, Little man, Booger, Snotface, Monster) to get that nice 2 year old head of hair! He is almost 1 now, and has wispy curls on the side that make him look like he has wings on his ears, but completely straight in the front. As I say it out loud, it sounds like the flock of seagulls, which makes me want to keep it more. Your blog is a delight and an inspiration.
    .-= Jenna´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

Her Bad Mother June 17, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Do I regret it? No. Jasper’s now had a couple of haircuts (one just yesterday, which cropped that adorable two year old mop) and each time, I catch my breath at the change, but then it just becomes HIM, and I relax. It doesn’t hurt that it keeps growing back so fast ;)

And, thanks :)

mama_k June 16, 2010 at 12:30 pm

our daughter’s name is mattea, and all of her nicknames are unrelated to her ‘proper’ name. :) most popular are chugalug bug, tuggy, peanut pot pie, cheeks mcgoo, lovey, punkinpie, peep mcgeep…and that was just in the past 15 mins. :)

Terresa June 16, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I had called my oldest boy just about every kind of endearment there was by time my second little guy came around 10 years later so I worked really hard to find something that was individual and just his – I ended up with Noodle and Pumpkin Head as my most used nicknames. My husband has always called him Booger.

Cobblestone June 17, 2010 at 8:46 am

He is Jefferson, called Jeff. Unless you are anybody else on the planet and then they call him Jeffery. For me, he is munkey or lil’J

Amy June 17, 2010 at 9:36 am

Nate became, at one point, and I have no idea why or how, “Nathanial Junkbottom.” And his name isn’t even Nathanial, it’s Nathan. But still. Sometimes I call him Nater, sometimes the Natester.

mapsgirl June 17, 2010 at 10:15 am

After reading this it made me realize that I might want to stop calling my littlest “P”. She is little and has always been called Peanut. But sometimes even that gets shortened to just P.

Hey, our kids could get married and they’d be Pee and Jizz. LOL! Oh, boy.
    .-= mapsgirl´s last blog ..fixing up a camp for some very special kids =-.

leeshka June 18, 2010 at 1:16 pm

My 6 year old’s nickname have nothing to do with her name, but for some reason I can’t stop calling her:
    Mink, Minky, Minx, Minxy, Minxy boodle… I think they started with Monkey, and then went on from there. It’s also Thessy-bear, Thessaboo, Thessy-mess and Thessastink (from her diaper days)
    I refuse to stop calling her them, and will probably toast at her wedding “To Thessy-mess, my little minxy-boodle!!”

Erin June 19, 2010 at 8:27 am

We call our 16 month old “Bong”. Allow me to explain. Her name is Mathilde, shortened to Tillie, Billabong rhymes with Tilliebong, which is shortened to Bong. Sometimes we’re out on the playground and I ask my husband, “How is the Bong?” or “Where is the Bong?” or shout out “Bong!!”

We’re not stoners, not at all. But I’m not surprised that the other parents probably think we are!
    .-= Erin´s last blog ..10 years =-.

Angela June 19, 2010 at 1:17 pm

LOL. My mother was appalled to hear us call our son Pickle. It came from Nickel Pickle which totally makes sense because his name is Nicholas. He has tons of other nicknames of affection, but Pickle is the one that has stuck the most.
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..This morning’s feeding =-.

Shawna June 22, 2010 at 9:31 am

I sometimes call Harris H-bomb or Harrisite, but more commonly call him Buddy, Mr. Harris, or Mr. H.

Melia Wetherill June 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Comfortably, the article is in reality the best on this exemplary matter. I harmonise with your decisions and will thirstily look forward to your upcoming updates. Simply telling thanks will not just be enough, for the fantastic clearness in your publishing. I will instantly catch your rss feed to remain advised of any updates. Marvelous operate and much success in your line of work relations!

Jenn72 June 25, 2010 at 10:06 am

I have a 16 month old Jasper. I don’t know where the name came from (pre-Twilight).. we just liked it. No one we knew was named Jasper.
    We had a list of names and we wanted to wait to see him before we named him.
    He looked like a Jasper from the start.
    When we told my parents and grandmother, the look they gave me, the “God, WHY” look made me cry so hard the nurses came in to make sure I was ok.
    But, he’s my little Jasper Jones, Houdini, Snuggle Monkey butt, Captain America, J-Man.

Perfect Girl June 26, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I was unaware that I was reading a post of yours in Blogher: I only glanced at the picture, and had already figured it was someone I hadn’t read before.

So, I’m going along and enjoying, but, then, rolling my eyes at this writer who is writing like Her Bad Mother, and, Stop It.

My eyes roamed the page to just get to the end, and then I realized it Was you. So, I went back and read it over and enjoyed it immensely.

You have such a strong voice, it jumps off the page. No one can copy it, without me noticing, anyway.

mom2stinkbumps June 30, 2010 at 3:09 pm

My son’s nickname has been “Stinkbumps” since the day he was born. My mother was in the delivery room with me and, upon seeing her grandson come into the world and hearing his little goat-bleating cry, said “What a little stinkbumps!” It has stuck. He didn’t mind it so much when he was a pre-schooler. A shout of “Hey, Stinkbumps!” across the playground or park got his attention much more swiftly than calling his actual name (although it, too, is very unique). Once he started public school, I was forbidden to use his nickname around any of his friends. (In fact, he doesn’t like me to use his real name, either, and insists a use the more common derivative “Jamie”.) Now that he’s in middle school, he has promised my swift decapitation if I ever call him “Stinkbumps” in public, but at home is still okay, so long as none of his friends are within a 50 mile radius. I’m sure when he’s in high school, I won’t be able to call him that at all. Of course, it will be the first thing I tell the girls he brings over. Followed by showing them his naked baby pictures. Embarassing my child is my duty as a mother. :-)
    .-= mom2stinkbumps´s last blog ..Best Laid Plans =-.

{ 1 trackback }