How To Feed A Baby And Not Lose Consciousness Trying

December 18, 2008

My baby? Is a big baby. At 7 months old, he’s a husky, roly-poly, chubby-cheeked, fat-thighed chunk of Gerber baby who looks nearly a half year older than his age. He is, as his doctor said at his last post-natal visit, robust. Which is not surprising, because he nurses more or less around the clock. I mean, he was big to begin with, but a steady diet of booby has kept him on an upward curve on the growth charts. Which is great and all, but I’m getting a little tired of being the sole source of nutrition for a ravenous jumbo-tot. The problem is, he won’t take solid food or a bottle or indeed any source of nutrition that does not come wrapped in a nursing bra.

He just won’t do it. I’ve tried. I try every day: rice cereal, oatmeal, mashed fruits, mashed veggies, mashed fruits and cereal, mashed veggies and cereal, cereal with formula, formula with cereal, cereal with expressed milk, everything. But if it comes on a spoon or in a bottle, he just won’t take it. He’ll actually grab the spoon from me, shake the food off, and then gnaw cheerfully on it until I wrestle it away from him again and try to slip a little cereal into its bowl, at which point he hoots angrily, grabs the spoon, shakes off the cereal, and we start all over again. If I manage to get any into his mouth without him grabbing the utensil away – it just seems wrong, a little too close to waterboarding or some other Guantanamo-like exercise, to hold his arms down for the purposes of getting the spoon in – he makes a sour face and tries to push it out of his mouth. It’s a little frustrating.

It’s a little frustrating because I suspect that a rapidly-emptying belly is what keeps waking him up at night. I just don’t think my humble boobies are up to the task of keeping him filled for hours at a stretch. He’s a big guy, and I imagine that he’s got a big tummy tucked away in that pudgy belly of his. A big tummy that I can’t fill.

I’ve read that some babies just aren’t ready for food until closer to eight, nine, or even ten months. I’ve read that breastmilk is sufficient for most babies in their first year. I’ve read that some babies bypass soft foods altogether, and refuse to eat anything until they’re ready for more solid varieties of solid food (Jasper does, I should note, like organic teething biscuits. He holds them in his hand and gums happily away until they’ve turned to mush.) I don’t think that there’s anything wrong him – at least, I hope that there isn’t – but I am at the very end of my coping-rope and will soon reach the point of utter collapse if I don’t get a full night’s sleep soon. And because it has become clear to me that he is waking from hunger, I need to deal with his hunger before I can get some rest. I need that rest.

I need that rest BAD.

So what do I do?

********

UPDATE (Sunday): HE TOOK A SIPPY CUP. REJOICE.

********

Miscellany…

Congratulations to the winner of last week’s What Would Linus Do? Good Karma GiveawayMaria! Maria asked for a donation to a pediatric ward, so I’ll make the donation to Toronto’s Sick Kid’s Hospital. And because Maria asked to pass on the iPod shuffle, I did a second random draw and the winner is ZombieDaddy. (ZombieDaddy, could you get in touch with me with your address?)

Also… I need ideas on how I might pay forward the wonderful experience that Emilia and Jasper I had last week. Money’s tight, so it needs to be something that draws more upon spirit than cash. Thoughts? Leave your ideas here. Whoever leaves the idea that I choose gets a Scrabble Diamond Anniversary Edition game…

Syko December 18, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Some babies like solid food, some don’t. My first daughter, the sumo wrestler type, ate from six to eight jars of baby food a day, plus cereal and lots of milk. I don’t think my second child ate the equivalent of a jar of baby food in her entire infancy.

If he would just take a bottle, you could fool him with some soupy rice cereal at bedtime, like we used to do in the olden days.

I think I would try more finger foods. He can probably eat crusts of toast, zwieback, baby cookies, whatever, to get him used to the idea of solids. He might even mush around on some sliced bananas.

Heather December 18, 2008 at 3:38 pm

If he enjoys gnawing on teething biscuits, you might try a mesh feeder. It won’t fill him up, but it might get him more used to the taste of different fruits/veggies. That–fingers crossed–might make him more amenable to those same flavors from a spoon.

In the end, kids eat solids when they’re ready to eat solids. I’m hoping for your sake that time comes soon for Jasper!

MemeGRL December 18, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Have you tried a sippy cup? My second never once took a bottle but was thrilled to try a cup. Messy, but I didn’t have to feed him. We used the ones with no filter for the baby and just prepared for mess. Good luck. I’ve been there.

Melanie December 18, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Okay, here’s what I think, what I would consider doing if I were in your shoes. I’d go away for a weekend, go visit family, go stay in a hotel or something. Take some time to sleep, read a book, see a movie, whatever. Leave your husband with a can of formula and some clean bottles and nipples. Jasper will eat when he’s hungry enough. Why would he take food or a bottle from you when your boobs are right there? But if they’re not … well, he’ll have to fill his belly with whatever’s on offer, right?

RiveterGirl December 18, 2008 at 3:45 pm

It sounds like he’s a boob man for sure. Try a regular cup with breast milk or even just water to start. But try it when he’s in a good mood. And act like it’s the most special thing he’s ever had. Don’t give up and good luck!

JenR December 18, 2008 at 3:46 pm

I would try more finger foods too. My boy happily ate Cheerios, Gerber puffs and wagon wheels for months before his first teeth showed up. Then we moved on to chunks of cooked sweet potato and other easily-mushed foods. He would only take a spoon or pureed whatever from my mom or me … anyone else had to feed him finger foods. Speaking of that… I didn’t breastfeed so I don’t know if this is true, but I’ve heard that breastfed babies sometimes won’t take other food from their mom – maybe he would eat if someone else tried to feed him?

Amy December 18, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Try having someone else feed him – he associates you too heavily with boobies – and why would he want pureed peas from you when your boobs full of milk are right there?

But breastmilk is more calorically dense than anything else you’re going to feed him – unless you’re going to put him on a strict creme brulee diet, so I don’t think it’ll make him sleep any more/better, even if you do manage to feed him.

Also, try giving him a spoon to play with while you feed him with another spoon.

Claire never ate purees. She liked soft finger foods – cooked pieces of fruit and veg, Cheerios, Gerber puffs, etc. At almost two, she still doesn’t like mashed foods (mashed potatoes, etc.). I think it’s a texture thing.

Can you bring him into bed with you and nurse him while you doze in the night? Can you nap with him by day? Because I don’t think a change in eating habits is going to give you the rest you seek. Sorry.

My 3.5 year old is still waking up at night. Some kids just do. I know that’s not what you want to hear right now. Hang in there.

Amy @ http://prettybabies.blogspot.com

derfina December 18, 2008 at 3:53 pm

I’m sure a wetnurse is out of the question…

Mama Smurf December 18, 2008 at 3:55 pm

I wish I had some tried and true tips for you but since I was never able to breast feed past 6 weeks I’ve got nothing. Sorry. I hope it gets easier for you.

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 3:59 pm

If you can handle dealing with the mess, I’d say give him a bowl of food, either cereal or jarred baby food or whatever and just let him play with it. Some will eventually get into his mouth (and everywhere else) and after a few days he’ll probably start to love the taste. Then you can spoon feed him a couple of bites here and there while he plays. It would also help to let him have a spoon of his own too. Once he’s used to the taste, he’ll stop fighting and you can feed him without him playing in it. I agree with the previous comment about going out of town for a night or two. I took one night to go with friends to the lake when my son was 6 months old. He was only breastfed, and I had pumped a ton the week before to leave for my husband to give him in a bottle. He was just fine and the two of them got to have some quality father son time together. I just pumped every couple of hours while I was gone to keep from exploding. It was the best night of sleep I had had since before he was born. And I got to spend good quality girl time with my friends!

for a different kind of girl December 18, 2008 at 4:10 pm

Like Heather mentioned earlier, the mesh feeder may be an option. We used one with my youngest son for pieces of fruit and soft foods, and he loved it. It also (I assume) made him feel like he was doing it himself, since he could hold onto the feeder and eat from it while we were all seated at the table together eating our meals.

Her Bad Mother December 18, 2008 at 4:20 pm

We’ve tried the mesh feeder. He’s all, like, ‘meh’ about it. Looks at it, plays with it, doesn’t so much suck at it as mash it in his hands…

Burgh Baby December 18, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Pizza crust saved my life. I was all battling She Who Scoffed and Became Violent at Baby Food for weeks then one day she stole pizza crust off my plate and suddenly, there it was–she wouldn’t do baby food. Or anything that resembled baby food. I chose to live in perpetual fear that she would choke on whatever food from my plate she was eating, but it was better than getting yelled at for suggesting applesauce is our friend or having to spend even more time being a human cow.

Good luck to ya’. Kids are evil in their adult-crazifying ways.

Sarah Yost December 18, 2008 at 4:33 pm

Well, my child didn’t eat until well after she was a year. We actually used a feeding therapist because NOTHING ELSE WORKED and no, she wouldn’t eat when she got hungry enough, thank you very much.

I had to teach her how to eat. If you really want specific tips on how to do that, I can provide that via email or something.

But I think you’re really begging for sleep, right? Not feeding issues, which are secondary to SLEEP.

Heather December 18, 2008 at 4:33 pm

I am in the same boat with you on the solid foods. Baby D will be 7 months next week and is refusing solids too. She is not a big baby though.

Actually, she ate rice cereal okay, but it made her butt break out and made her tummy hurt to the point that she was moaning in pain. So I tried oatmeal and she won’t even open her mouth. So I guess I’ll try veggies next and see what happens.

It was interesting to read the suggestions.

Mouse December 18, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Scooter probably drank the equivalent of 24 oz. from bottles, including the time Trillian stayed home with him during the day and he decided to eat all night instead. He also never finished a jar of baby food or a bowl of cereal. He went straight to the sippy cup and finger foods, though I don’t remember exactly when. The particular sippy cup that worked well for him was Avent’s sports top. I agree with whoever suggested soupy cereal in a bottle before bed. Or if he rejects the texture, even just pumped milk or formula.

Marketing Mommy December 18, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Like some of these other commenters’ kids, my second born never wanted anything spoonfed. So I started her on soft solids she could feed herself: Cheerios, banana, boiled veggies, etc. And we just skipped the puree stage altogether.

I kind of suspect baby food is just a marketing gimmick anyway. They don’t have it in most countries.

Mandy December 18, 2008 at 4:34 pm

I wish there was an individualized manual attached to each kid upon his birth. You may be out of luck until you decide to wean Jasper. I do hope you find a solution that works though!

Cat December 18, 2008 at 4:36 pm

I wish I had some insight into the boobies/belly situation, but I’m childless and experienceless. I don’t blame you for wanting a good night’s sleep though! Best of luck to you!

kgirl December 18, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Love the suggestion that you just up and leave your baby for a weekend just so that you won’t have to feed him anymore. Tough love should start at 8 months.

If you can, avoid the pizzacrust/toast ideas, as wheat is super harsh for infants, and you’ve already copped to Jasper being gassy.

You know you’re going to miss it when he doesn’t nurse anymore.

Dina December 18, 2008 at 4:38 pm

Aww. You need a booby break. One of all those tips should work. I hope. Its disconcerting, I know. My daughter did the same thing. It was ultimately up to her when she finally decided that something was better than my breast. I think I tried using my fingers with some mashed carrot and wiped her lips with it, and that eventually led to her wanting more of it.

Moxie December 18, 2008 at 4:38 pm

What Melissa said. Go away someplace for the night. Leave a bottle and some milk or formula. If he gets hungry enough he’ll eat. My brother never did get hungry enough, and would just cry until my mom came home. But he’s a happy, well-adjusted adult now with a hot/funny/smart/caring fiancee and career he loves, so a little crying while you’re sleeping peacefully won’t hurt him.

Domestic Extraordinaire December 18, 2008 at 4:47 pm

Giggles was a nearly exclusive nurser until she was nearly 14 months old when we had to go cold turkey. she would make more of a mess with food than anything else. But she would take food from hubby, sometimes. Because honestly not only was she nursing non-stop, she hated everyone as well. When I miscarried when she was 10 mos old a friend kept her while we here in the hospital and she wouldn’t eat or drink anything for the day and a half she was there despite their best efforts.

Many hugs to you. I learned to nurse while sleeping on my side, she would go back to sleep as well.

Expat Mom December 18, 2008 at 4:52 pm

I feel for you. My firstborn woke up 10-20 times a night for the first 8 months or so. No sleep. It sucked.

My second was like Jasper. Big and hungry. I only breastfed for 3 months, though, because he preferred the bottle. But he would wake up all night hungry. We ended up giving him rice cereal, which he would spit out unless it came on the end of a finger.

My point is that kids are weird. Each one has a totally different idea as to how the world should work. Does he look up to WonderBaby? Maybe you could enlist her help to teach him to eat? I know my youngest is in awe of his big bro and always wants to copy him.

Jen December 18, 2008 at 4:54 pm

my beast hated the mesh feeder thing, bottles, sippy cups mashed up ‘baby food’ – all of it.

then one day i put some over cooked rice on the tray (around 7.5 months) and she was off to the races – she eats pretty much everything now as long as it hasn’t been babified.

maybe that’s the trick?

Naomi (Urban Mummy) December 18, 2008 at 5:03 pm

I haven’t read the other comments, so if this has been suggested I apologize.

Give him pieces of ripe avocado, ripe banana, well cooked sweet potato, and let him take them himself. No spoon, no mush.

Worked for my (also very big) boy. Also well cooked rice, pasta (if you want to wait on wheat, go for rice pasta) and well cooked potatoes. Mine refused baby food or anything that slightly resembled it.

Sadie December 18, 2008 at 5:19 pm

I wish I had a suggestion but we are going through the same thing. I think Jasper is just a week or two older that my daughter and she has no interest in being fed anything from a spoon and gags when I do manage to get a spoonful in. She is still waking 2 or 3 times between 8 and 8 to nurse. She also has two teeth which is a little hard on the girls. My other three weaned themselves by seven or eight months so this is new to me. Good luck…I’ll be thinking of you around 3:00am.

No Mother Earth December 18, 2008 at 5:22 pm

I feel ya. Big C would not eat a thing until he was 9 months old. We had 3 months of screaming meal after screaming meal (I kept trying cause I’m stubborn like that). One day he just decided to eat. End of story.

Little G loves to eat, but had no time for baby food. He screams until I give him whatever Big C is eating. Maybe try some older, not-so-baby-friendly-food, and just watch him closely while he gnaws away. Could he be wanting to keep up with Emilia?

Hang in there. A baby refusing to eat solids is incredibly stressful. People with eating babies (that sounds bad somehow…) don’t really get that. You can’t, unless you’re going through it.

The Any Key December 18, 2008 at 5:28 pm

While I have no personal experience with this topic YET (3 months and counting until I deal with nursing and the subsequent weaning), this came to mind:

You know those weird spoons that have straws on them, ‘so you can get every last bit’ of whatever you’re eating or drinking? And I don’t mean the ones that come with slush-drinks at a convenience store… the thicker plastic, meant to be washed and reused, that have no sharp corners…

What about ‘trying to feed him’ with one of those straws, but have some food sucked up into the straw, and when he gums on the spoon part, let some of the food into his mouth…

I guess the worst that could happen is that you could end up with food all over, and he won’t trust those spoon straws ever again…

Best case? Maybe he’ll start eating?

Momo Fali December 18, 2008 at 5:56 pm

I have NO advice for you. I feel your pain, though in a different capacity. My son, because of failure to thrive and his miscellaneous heart defects, had to be fed every three hours, ROUND THE CLOCK for his first 13 months. It damn near killed me. He only weighed 13 lbs. on his first birthday. Thank GOD for his first heart surgery, because he gained enough weight that we could finally stop with the super-duper, expensive power formula (he was allergic to breastmilk…that’s just my son in a nutshell…high maintenance). THEN he ate NOTHING but baby food until he was almost four because his gag reflex was so strong (still is) and his reflux was so bad (still is) that he would chuck up all his food, which we couldn’t afford because he was so small.

So, feeding issues? Yeah. I hear you.

Super Ninja Mommy December 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm

DD2 (age 4) drank maybe a half ounce of fluid out of a bottle in her entire lifetime. She never ate purees, ever.

She WOULD eat slices of avocado though, and its not highly allergenic food. Its now the first food of choice for all my babies.

Please don’t just walk away for a weekend. You wouldn’t enjoy it because you would worry about Jasper at home screaming, and you would get so engorged that you would spend the whole time pumping anyway.

Syko December 18, 2008 at 6:21 pm

I know this is all stressful, but I’m sitting here reading all the suggestions, and thinking that in 13 years you are going to laugh at yourself for worrying that he wouldn’t eat, because he will eat everything that’s not frozen solid or nailed down, and you’ll be going “OMG, his appetite!”

I know this is no help. Just what I was thinking.

There used to be this thing called an Infafeeder, I think it still exists. It looked like a giant hypodermic, only with a nipple instead of a needle. You could fill it with 2 or 4 ounces of baby food, put the nipple in the baby’s mouth, give a slight push with the plunger to start it, and SWOOOSH! Two or three sucks and the whole jar of baby food was inside the baby, before they even knew it. I know, it taught them nothing about eating with spoons or any of that good stuff, but it got those giant bellies full at bedtime.

Jaelithe December 18, 2008 at 6:30 pm

As I had no success getting my son to sleep OR eat like a normal human being until he was two (despite my having years of childcare experience as a nanny, older sister and older cousin), I do not have any advice to offer that has not already been given except for this: You will think you’re going to die from the chronic sleep deprivation, but you won’t. You’ll live. You’ll be forgetful, you’ll be angry, you’ll be exhausted beyond exhaustion. You’ll hate people, like your husband for instance, who get enough sleep not to feel the way you do all of the time. But you’ll live, and someday, the boy will sleep, and you will feel much better.

Best of luck. (And remember that your kid is growing VERY WELL and is now old enough to go a night without eating and you CAN take one night off someplace else if you need to and he will be okay.)

Eva December 18, 2008 at 6:32 pm

You DO need a rest. Since he likes feeding himself, why not try the “baby-led weaning” thing? Where you give them sweet potato fries and banana rolled in wheat germ and whatever and let them have at it?

But still he likes to nurse, and you need a rest. I haven’t done this myself, but a couple friends have, and they eventually did the scheduled-feedings, sleep-training thing, and were much happier in the long-term. And better rested. Of course I have never been able to accomplish these things, but from what I understand, babies can get used to anything. Best wishes.

Michelle December 18, 2008 at 6:35 pm

Lots of good ideas here. I’ve got nothing but ((HUGS)).
    I was in the same boat as you and I actually had to get the hell out of Dodge before Peanut would eat anything. One weekend I went away for 2 days, 1 night and she finally took pumped breast milk from a bottle. I’d start with that because you need your sleep.

Kelsey December 18, 2008 at 6:39 pm

I went though this with my daughter about 10 months ago. She was just a little thing and everytime I gave her food, any food (and trust me I went though them all) she would gag herself until she threw up. Even breaking her from the boob to the bottle took until she was about 11 months (I started trying around 7m) and now trying to transition her to a sippy cup has taken months. She is just one of those kids who when she has something that she thinks works, she does not want to change. Now we can’t stop her. I just learned that the best approach was to try and if she fussed, stop, back off for a few days and then try again. We used the little fruit puffs a lot but generally her big brother would steal them all, lol.

Ms. Moon December 18, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Perhaps someone has suggested this but my kids liked to eat food they could pick up and eat themselves. Semi-mash a banana and put it where he can get it. Yes, he’ll be mess, but he might amuse himself for a good ten minutes and actually eat some food. Also- don’t know how you feel about eggs, but one of my kids’ first solid food was scrambled eggs. I would scramble the egg and then break it apart in little pieces for him to pick up and eat from his high chair tray. And he was a DEDICATED nurser.
    As time passes, the taste and interest in food will increase.

Just Joyful December 18, 2008 at 7:20 pm

I second Jaelithe, above. You will not die from chronic exhaustion, but you will be miserable, and one day, the little tyke will nurse less, eat more, and best of all, sleep!! Yes, yes he will. It happens to every child, and for some, the more we push, the worse it gets. Can you nurse sleeping on your side? Even a mat on the floor, with a warm blanket on top is bliss if you are able to get some sleep while nursing…

Kristina December 18, 2008 at 7:26 pm

My pedi said put him in his room, leave a nightlight on, and come back 12 hours later. :( I’ve never been able to do it fully (ie. more than an hour or two – UGH, worst thing EVER!) but doing a little CIO is ok in my book. Notsomuch in other books but you do what you need to do.

I have a 3yo and she sleeps through the whole thing. Oddly enough. We are to the point now where he wakes up once around 4am and then I feed him (for 20min or so) and put him back down and walk out – a minute of crying – and then he sleeps another 2 or 3 hours.

For awhile there it was 3 or 4 times a night getting up. Or him sleeping next to me in bed is the WORST THING EVER, he kicks me all night.

Dont’t worry about the solids, just keep offering. Maybe he wants your food instead? My little guy is almost 9 months old so they are close in age. :)

Her Bad Mother December 18, 2008 at 8:11 pm

All – I do nurse in bed, on my side, and try to doze while he nurses – but we do that ALL NIGHT, every night, and I’m just not really sleeping while doing it…

Her Bad Mother December 18, 2008 at 8:18 pm

Also, Karen – yeah, I know that I’m going to miss nursing. Which is why I’m kinda gutted that I’m resenting it so much right now…

daysgoby December 18, 2008 at 8:29 pm

What are you offering, love? My oldest wouldn’t eat until he discovered yogurt and my youngest hated anything not-sweet or mushy with the power of a thousand burning suns. (And that was tough, because the Canadian Food Guide/ Good Baby Guide or whatever it is was MILITANT about veggies first.)

Then one day my husband gave her a teeny bite of ripe melon and she liked it. Ditto an overcooked green bean.

Hey. Someone up there mentioned that breast milk is the most calorically dense stuff you could feed – but doesn’t breastmilk also digest faster? (I’m wondering.)

Catherine, you have to do what’s best for YOU. I don’t agree with the posters that say you’ll be fine, you’ll just be tired …because I’m getting the feeling you’re hanging on by your fingernails and the skin of your teeth. And I worry about you. There are a million things that mothers do for their children to help them grow and thrive. Beating themselves into the ground isn’t healthy for you or for him.

I wish this was easier!!

Karen Sugarpants December 18, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Thomas was the same way and even at 6-7-8 months, was thrilled to use a sippy cup. We used the nuby ones from wal-mart, preBPF scare. I don’t know if that matters.

Best of luck! xo

Christina December 18, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I’d also recommend having someone else try to feed him solids, since he might be refusing because he’d rather get boob from you, since they’re right in front of him. Why learn something new when you’ve got something that works, right?

I wish I had better advice, but both of my girls were early eaters. Actually, Mira was trying to steal food off my plate at 3 months old, and threw herself into my sandwich at 4 months.

Good luck. I suppose the (very small) silver lining is you’re saving money on baby food, right?

Lindsay December 18, 2008 at 9:05 pm

My babe refuses a bottle (he’s 6.5 mos) – it finally occurred to me that we could try a cup. He now drinks my expressed breastmilk from a shot-glass when I’m not there :) It’s the perfect size for baby mouths. We haven’t done much besides bananas yet, but he eats small chunks, we don’t mess around with purees much here. Best of luck – I’m with you on the sleep thing. Owen wakes up 5 times on a good night, 15 times on a bad night. We co-sleep, nurse on my side, so I hear you about not really being able to fully sleep like that.
    Take care.

Her Bad Mother December 18, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Jess – I’ve tried all varieties of puree. I’ve also tried banana and avocado. I just tonight tried avocado in a mesh bag and he UNSCREWED the bag, discarded the mesh/avocado and chewed on the handle.

Momily December 18, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned or will be at all helpful, but my 8mo daughter took to cheerios and rice rusks BEFORE solids and it helped fill her up!
    she just seems to be obsessed with the whole “do it my self” thing already.

Garza Girl December 18, 2008 at 9:36 pm

For me, I finally got it worked out when I realized that the SCENT of breastmilk did him in (his twin sister had no issues here).

I had someone else feed him instead of me. At first he resisted, but it worked well after he got hungry enough.

I also tried silly things like changing my shirt and bra before feeding them solids and it worked too.

I feel your pain. :)
    – @garzag

the MomBabe December 18, 2008 at 9:37 pm

psssst! melatonin. He’s chunky enough.

Todd Jordan - tojosan December 18, 2008 at 9:40 pm

As a dad, I never had to breast feed. (doh)
    That said, I totally support you in your strife here.

I’m with the folks that said you will survived, the baby will survive. Now your husband…he’ll suffer and whine and moan, but yeah, he’ll survive too.

Best advice – let him play with food – seen this work – he’ll figure it out.